Main Menu

Getting Tired of Sage-Pay....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 March, 2015, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Banners on 07 May, 2015, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyrHow fucking hard would it be for Sage-Pay to suddenly merge with Pay Pal.

Well, Sage have a market cap of around 5,672.50M GBP, and PayPal are part of eBay, who have a market cap of 70,338.18M USD. So,eBay could afford to buy Sage and merge with them, but it would probably take a while and, when it came to working out all the details, it would, indeed, be quite fucking hard.

That's what you meant, right?

;-)

PayPal aren't part of eBay: BBC

Banners

The syntax in your link is wrong, but when corrected points to an article from September 2014. Currently, PayPal are still part of eBay. The split, largely influenced by activist investor Carl Icahn (as the article says), is on the cards for this year, but hasn't happened yet. :-)

ThryllSeekyr

Regarding my problems buying Progs here online, both in hardcopy and as a digital download....

My bankcard was either swallowed by the machine I used in a shopping mall on the same day I lost my Slaine beanie (About a week from yesterday, last Monday!) and there was a chance somebody might have grabbed it and starting using it themselves. Because I was told there was some activity on my card when I rang my bank about it and when I tried to visit my that bank earlier. They slammed the door in my face when I tried to visit them on the same day. It was closing time, when I did this, but I noticed that there were still some customers in there. I was pissed.

Knowing that I wouldn't get my card until tomorrow. I knew, I wouldn't be seeing last weeks and this weeks Prog until tomorrow as well.

Can you understand my frustration, that things seem to conspire against me that way before the next prog goes on sale.

Fortunately, I got my bankcard back yesterday.

I won't be leaving the forum unless my social life dramatically improves :(

GordonR

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 02 June, 2015, 07:40:29 AM

And the way to improve your social life is to spend every waking moment of your life online obsessing about Slaine?

Stop obsessing about how every bit of fantasy tat you can find does or doesn't remind you of something in Slaine.

Switch off the computer.

Get out of that wanking pit of a room of yours and try and engage with real life before it completely leaves you behind.

Oh, and TAKE YOUR MEDICATION.

Buttonman

QuoteWanking pit

Was that in 'Tomb of Terror' or 'The Horned God'?

Like Gordon says get out there and try and mix with people. Get involved in some community or voluntary project. Go down the beach and get some fresh air - don't waste your life reading comments from people halfway around the world about fantasy characters. You know it makes sense!

ThryllSeekyr

I have been up and about and doing a lot walking around the local suburbs a few times earlier this year, but because of the heat and some terrible skin condition I had been suffering from few years/ I don't like do any thing to extreme, too sweat inducing because this really makes me feel worse and the best thing I can do while it's this bad for me is sit in front of the computer with the fan on , lie or sleep on the couch and or watch telly.

I think I will try to get more active within next few months, but it will be getting colder now and I've started to walk a round in my Driza-Bone long coat (It's warm and has the best pockets....)

The nearest beach is few hours drive from where I live and I haven't been to the swimming pool, but it may be closed now as it's getting colder. There is still the skating rink, but it's not cost effective at about 17:00's for a one or two hour session.

I went for a walk around town last night and everything was shut, it was very quiet and nobody was out. I went to Macca's for a feed out of desperation for something. You know I really hate that place, but it's the only place that was open.

I don't like my room being called the wank pit. It's not something that happens nearly as much as it used to, despite my occasional zoning into Chaturbate, but my hand barely even reached for it.

Grugz

Quote from: GordonR on 02 June, 2015, 12:48:33 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 02 June, 2015, 07:40:29 AM

And the way to improve your social life is to spend every waking moment of your life online obsessing about Slaine?

Stop obsessing about how every bit of fantasy tat you can find does or doesn't remind you of something in Slaine.

Switch off the computer.

Get out of that wanking pit of a room of yours and try and engage with real life before it completely leaves you behind.

Oh, and TAKE YOUR MEDICATION.

he cant take his medication it gives him boobies...  which could explain a lot! ;) :-\ :o
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

Boobies, only like them on women or very pretty looking men.

I'm not that pretty.

Banners

Quote from: Banners on 09 May, 2015, 11:08:19 PM
The syntax in your link is wrong, but when corrected points to an article from September 2014. Currently, PayPal are still part of eBay. The split, largely influenced by activist investor Carl Icahn (as the article says), is on the cards for this year, but hasn't happened yet. :-)

The split happened this morning (if anyone cares).

ThryllSeekyr

That's weird, I brought some cheap Discworld Books last night and I think Pay Pal was needed.

Prachett Portfolio

Art of the Discworld

I think both of those above feature Paul Kidby's art.

Science of Discworld -Revised and perhaps only the first of a few.

Dodgers Guide to London

Was looking a the Book of Poo (No, not the one about the honey seeking bear, but the other stuff which much more gross!)

All of them written by the late and great authorTerry Pratchett.

I was only moved to make these purchases after mysterious disappearance of the first book which I had brought close to it's first release and the art book which I clearly remember flicking through after it had been let on display on concourse out side it's bookstore inside popular shopping centre while I was living down south of the border. I think it was somewhere between 50 to 100 dollars back then and now it cost barely more than a tenner.

The relevance here is that I was still using Pay-Pal when I ordered those from Ebay.