Main Menu

Prog 1807 - We love Gavin Leahy!

Started by Pete Wells, 27 October, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

ah, just surprised the whole simp/frank/dredd link up never jumped out at you given your attention too prog detail normally, but I can see how Halloween will be the megaday in your hoose, once its all over you'll thank Tharg for the TPO!

"Both mein Gott and blimey!"  indeed.
DDT did a job on me

The Sherman Kid

WOW!!What more can I add  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: but that was soooooo coool  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Congradulations to ALL involved never seen anything quite like it -Kudos.

Dark Jimbo

The best thing about all this - the really very best thing - is that is was done for no particular reason. No anniversary prog or momentous issue number, no 'everything you know will change' headline grabber, not even the climax to the respective stories.

Just done 'because' - and for a sheer love of the craft. Tooth is tops.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Yep, was even better because it came out of nowhere, but looking back you can see hints.

Spikes

Well - how's about that then!
Caught this thread from a distance, so i knew summat was up, so after last weeks prog (top!), i was doubley looking forward to this one.
I did think, last week, that it was odd that the prog had 3 Dredd-world stories in it, but i'd never have thought they would [spoiler]link up like this. After reading, and then re-reading Dredd i went back to this thread, then realised that Simp, and Low Life were joined to Dredd as well, so had to shoot off again before i got too spoilered! [/spoiler]
So re-reading back progs it is then, though i havent got all the stories/progs i might need to hopefully get a grasp on it all,  :(

But what a brilliant read. And a week until my next fix! Gah!

Brass Sun is just simply fantastic - even exposure to [spoiler]triple-based thrillpower[/spoiler] cant take anything away from it, though ABCwarriors, like last week, is slightly lost amongst all the greatness.
And, a moment for pause, Tharg acknowledges that Dredd (the film) didnt do as well as hoped.

mR:sTaG

A rare post from me just to simply say: Incredible.

"And lo, even great white sharks shall weep"
Thrill-dabbler, started with Prog #964 on and off around the 1200-1500 mark.

The Sherman Kid

Just noticed what Roffman's reading material is 'Your new Spincter and you'  :lol: :lol: :lol:

God I love 2000AD

The Sherman Kid

PS What the fuck is he watching on the screeen  :o :o :lol:

M.I.K.

Thinking about it, I might have figured it out 'cos this blog post was still fresh in my mind.

staticgirl

I took the comic out to read whilst I was waiting for the music to start at the Neffs gig last night. I was kinda hoping someone would ask me what this cool looking comic I was looking at was but I soon forgot about the outside world.

I laughed out loud when I read the title of the book Hoffman was reading.

Then I gasped and swore when the rest started twigging. And I said 'wow' at Disraeli's lovely splash page.

What an audacious, super clever experiment in storytelling! 2000ad deserves all the kudos it can handle for this.

Proudhuff

Has any Bloggers/comic media picked up on this weeks thrill powered cross over?
DDT did a job on me

zombemybabynow

FUKK A - THE X3 CROSSOVER WAS MAGNIFICENT
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 November, 2012, 10:11:17 AM
Has any Bloggers/comic media picked up on this weeks thrill powered cross over?
Not from what I cant tell. But surely this isn't just gonna end here. We still need to find out who the Alan Bennett Judge is. And what the bloody duck's are all about. Cream Cracker under the Settie anyone? Let's hope they don't  tie The History Boy's in in some way. College work and 2000AD should not mix for me.
But as someone has already pointed out, there's a prog long Dredd on the horizon (1812?), so providing it'll still be The Cold Deck, can we expect a meeting between Dredd, Frank and Point?

Dodsy

Did this Prog remind anyone else of all the American style comics where it's like read Batman 'A', now you have to read Superman 'B' then Robin 'C' before coming back and reading Batman 'B' otherwise the story in the one comic you read won't make sence but all the issues were in one comic and it was just brilliant?
Twitter - @dodsy84