Main Menu

Prog 1807 - We love Gavin Leahy!

Started by Pete Wells, 27 October, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

I hadn't seen this thread, and got my copy last night.  My god!  Genius!! 

It took me a few seconds to twig what was going on!  I had to go back to the first story, then start reading the second story, to be sure what I was seeing was right.  Then, just when I'd gotten over how awesome that was, I read the Harry story and did another double-take!!  I wasn't expecting the first bit, then was awestruck when I'd realised all three linked.

Wow!  Brilliant!  Simply brilliant!

Goaty

Was amazing to see the Prog 1807 out on ClickWheel today and WHAT A PROG!!!

So amazing and brilliant twist!

TordelBack

Boys oh boys, the Gang of Three are some quare shmairt buggers.  That was superb, and I'm very glad I stayed spoiler-free. I really hope Carroll and Rennie get a chance to throw something in to the mix down the road, especially as Rennie's L'il Kazan kicked all this off.

As to the plot, presumably Jack and Dirty have both been thoroughly mind-fecked by the BDM so that they can't reveal what they're up to Bachman's pet psi.  Of course in Frank's case that may not have been strictly necessary.  Nice touch using the teleporters from City of the Damned too - but where was Joe off to, eh? 

And holy hell, the giant green globes that Betelgeusian must have to have kept that one under his beanie.  Noi 'how to follow The Cold Deck crossover' charts for this alien editor!

Anyway:

"A new life awaits you in the Offworld Colonies!"

Oh, and ABC Warriors and Brass Sun were excellent too.  I confess I was a bit spent by the time I got there, the old refractory period is definitely getting longer as the years go by.

Absolutely top cover too.

Fisticuffs

Richmond Clements

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 November, 2012, 02:18:39 PM
Nice touch using the teleporters from City of the Damned too - but where was Joe off to, eh? 

He was off to sector 13 to check out the lead on Point as they only had a few hours before bachmann had to be notified. I got the impression that teleporters had become pretty commonplace by now, especially within Justice Dept. I can't recall if we are told at the end of the story about public teleporters (when Dredd and a perp get kidnapped) whether the public network was discontinued, but the current problem is post DoC.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 November, 2012, 03:20:19 PM
He was off to sector 13 to check out the lead on Point as they only had a few hours before bachmann had to be notified.

I know, but all a bit convenient wasn't it?  Dredd's always in a hurry, but he doesn't usually beam about the place, and then there's that useful radio interference... I reckon he made a secret stop on the way to Angeltown.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 November, 2012, 03:28:23 PM
He was off to sector 13 to check out the lead on Point as they only had a few hours before bachmann had to be notified.

I know, but all a bit convenient wasn't it?  Dredd's always in a hurry, but he doesn't usually beam about the place, and then there's that useful radio interference... I reckon he made a secret stop on the way to Angeltown.
This. Anderson finely coming into play?
This is all going very big I for see....'no inuendo intendid'

Richmond Clements

That's what I thought, too. To the moon, for example..?

Jim_Campbell

Yeah. There's no way these lads dropped in stuff like the ducks to make us feel stupid for not seeing this coming, and then leave a loose end flapping to be explained away by convenience, IMO.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

oooh, good points I just took that at face value.

I suppose 'porting around would be quite common practice, even if not mentioned, as we sometimes forget just how big MC1 is, so when Dredd gets a call to see the chief Judge, he never says, "Okay, tell her I'll be there tomorrow morning" as he bikes several hundred miles to sector 1!

Goaty

Congratulations Gavin Leahy for Block!

Still wish for Goaty Block OR Judge Goaty!  :(

Fisticuffs

Goaty, where does the image in your signature come from?

Goaty

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 01 November, 2012, 03:50:34 PM
Goaty, where does the image in your signature come from?

Judge Dredd- Killer Elite in Meg 329 Holy Terrors.

elspurioso

QuoteThe best thing about all this - the really very best thing - is that is was done for no particular reason.

As your three loyal script-droids said in a recently-conducted interview about all this (behind-the-scenesery is coming - keep an eye out), We Got Drunk And Thought It Would Be Funny.

The we sobered up and realised how much hard work it'd be, and the funniness went away. So we got drunk again.