Main Menu

Hello From an Old Fart

Started by Old One Eye, 17 August, 2016, 10:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old One Eye

Hey folks.  I'm just another returning reader.  Well, I say returning but until recently I haven't really read much 2000 AD since the mid 80's!

Getting older has made me yearn for simpler times so I'm regressing into childhood loves... I've a feeling I'm hitting a mid life crisis but, hey, at least buying comics is cheaper and less embarrassing than buying a Porsche convertible and toupe!

:)
It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!

Fungus

Wotcher Old One Eye  :P

Hm, there are quite a few here who *never* stopped reading the progs (I know, I know) so on that basis this prog-thing isn't a mid-life crisis ?  :) Unless the whole thing is viewed as a life-long crisis. Ah, drat.

Have fun!

Pete Wells

Hey Old One Eye, welcome back!  Good news for you is that there is a healthy collection graphic novels to catch up on what you've missed.  There and read graphic novels for pretty much every major story  and I would like to recommend the Nikolai Dante  series of graphic novels as a modern classic. I'd also recommend Button Man - Get Harry Ex  as complete, self contained story.

There are good times ahead for you my man!

Minkyboy

Alright geezer,

It's good round here usually, been a bit 'handbags at dawn' recently but i'm sure the normal feel-good banter will resume soon.
Consider yourself welcomed and inducted.

Minky
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

Greetings.

Tharg is a forgiving alien and always has a warm welcome for returning Earthlets!

Colin YNWA

Truly fantastic username there you old hag you.

Delighted to hear you've stumbled back into Tharg's thrilling bosom and have a fantastic time catching up.

Old One Eye

^
Thanks for the compliment (hag is complimentary, right? :P)

And thanks for the warm welcome. 

It's been really good catching up on some 2000AD goodness.  To be honest, I'm really impressed by the consistent quality I've found so far.  I vaguely remember flicking through some comics in the 90's and thinking the comic had plummeted but perhaps that was me just being a surly young adult!

maryanddavid

Trout

Quote from: Old One Eye on 17 August, 2016, 11:48:19 PM
^
Thanks for the compliment (hag is complimentary, right? :P)

And thanks for the warm welcome. 

It's been really good catching up on some 2000AD goodness.  To be honest, I'm really impressed by the consistent quality I've found so far.  I vaguely remember flicking through some comics in the 90's and thinking the comic had plummeted but perhaps that was me just being a surly young adult!

No, that was you being right. It's been great for the last 15 years or so, though.

Welcome back!

Old One Eye

^
Well, that's good to know.  I was tempted to pick up a few issues just to see but I think I'll spend my pocket money on some better reads first.

By the way, how does one add an avatar?