Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

The report of racism are incredibly disturbing.  My sister runs a school of English in Manchester, and her students have started getting racial abuse on the street for the first time since they arrived in the country.  God knows what'll happen her business now that foreigners know that this brave new country doesn't welcome their type.

This is your Day of Chaos, Britain.  The idiots are winning. 

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

A British colleague who is part-Pakistani has found the same. He's now getting crap that he's not heard since the 1980s.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 June, 2016, 08:48:17 PMNot that I think that Corbyn is electable across the country, mind.

I don't think he ever was, but it was really nice of the party to go out of their way to make everyone else seem less electable.

Steve Green

Chilcott's going to be a bit of an anti-climax after this week...

8-Ball

Our current predicament reminds me of a Godspeed You! Black Emperor song called The Dead Flag Blues -
"The car is on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
And a dark wind blows

The government is corrupt
And we're on so many drugs
With the radio on and the curtains drawn

We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
And the machine is bleeding to death"

OK, now I'm just depressing myself. :thumbsdown:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 June, 2016, 10:32:27 PM
A British colleague who is part-Pakistani has found the same. He's now getting crap that he's not heard since the 1980s.

I've been on the receiving end too - posted this on my own forum the other night....and I've not calmed down since.

QuoteDo you want to know how f***ing close this racism b****x is?

I've lived in the UK since August 2000. Prior to that I was brought up in Ireland from 1978 to that point. I was born in Aylesbury in 1974. I'm English by birth, to an Irish mother and an English father. I consider myself Irish, and anyone that has met me will know I am Irish.

Tonight, playing pool as I have done for the last 12 years every Tuesday night since I moved to a small town in Hampshire, I was met with a "Sorry mate, can't understand you. Can you get someone else to translate?" from an opposition player who I have played multiple times over the last few years.

Go and f*** yourselves anyone who has enabled this f***ing s****. f*** off.

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Professor Bear

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 June, 2016, 10:59:04 PM
Chilcott's going to be a bit of an anti-climax after this week...

Oh, is that coming out soon?  I'm sure nobody in the party even noticed.
Political blog The Canary has noticed a lot of links between Chilcott subject Tony Blair's good friend Alastair Campbell, though - particularly his Portland Communications Group and Blairite thinktank The Fabian Society's oddly numerous links to the current hubub in the Labour Party.

TordelBack

Well the Leave campaign were right about one thing - Britain certainly seems like a less attractive destination for immigrants now. Or Britons of non-Anglo ancestry. Or anyone, really. Do you reckon any of the professional liars who orchestrated this give a shit? But no, let's focus on Corbyn's aside about one of the world's worst serial human rights abusers instead - can't let these bigots wander the streets, you know.

I laughed the first time I saw the 'England Prevails' meme. Not so much a week later.

Hawkmumbler

Brexit is pike one of those really long jokes where the punchline doesn't justify the long set up.

Steve Green

Banners

Heh. And Judge 'Project' Fear as Justice Secretary...?

shaolin_monkey

Grugz

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 June, 2016, 06:32:34 PM
Quote from: Trout on 30 June, 2016, 06:03:50 PM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 30 June, 2016, 05:25:32 PM
Ireland...the whiskey's nicer IMO. Z  :D

Perhaps the wrongest post in a thread that redefines "wrong" into a new kind of superwrong developed by evil scientists. ;-)
What you need is an unbiased opinion, that of an English man!

Scotish whisky is fucking awful.

not a fan of ones like bells etc but love the islay ones with that lovely smoky peatiness...only had jamesons from the irish but I liked it...love bourbon and tenesee whisky the bestest.

i'm waiting for the apocalypse before I take any doom mongering seriously ,like any break up it'll get messy for a bit but we are a strong country .  as for all the maggots coming out of the woodwork, there's racism in every country we are no different.  what worries me more is the leadership race especially gove,he denied wanting the top job and supported boris but suddenly stabbed him in the back...is that the sort of fella we want leading us? I belive he's the sort to betray all of us to get what he wants...seems very untrustworthy (for a politician)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Grugz on 01 July, 2016, 10:21:15 AMas for all the maggots coming out of the woodwork, there's racism in every country we are no different.

Not good enough for me, sorry.  When racist incidents increase fivefold in the space of a week, there's something seriously wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/30/police-report-fivefold-increase-race-hate-crimes-since-brexit-result
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 July, 2016, 10:59:21 AM
Quote from: Grugz on 01 July, 2016, 10:21:15 AMas for all the maggots coming out of the woodwork, there's racism in every country we are no different.

Not good enough for me, sorry.  When racist incidents increase five-fold in the space of a week, there's something seriously wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/30/police-report-fivefold-increase-race-hate-crimes-since-brexit-result
This i'm afraid. We should be pioneering tolerance and equity, not going back 80 years.