Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

You have that spot on CF.  I've not been able to work full time or drive much for years and I've been in constant pain.  To get back to normal , be painless and make up for lost time really is a new lease on life.

Taryn Tailz

Awesome news Fishy. You must feel on top of the world. :)

I came out as trans to my closest cousin, who's always been more like a sister to me, a couple of days ago. She was so happy she cried...then started organising shopping trips to London. :P

Something Fishy

Thanks Tarryn  :). And that is wonderful news. Congrats on what must have been a huge step.  I'm chuffed for you it went so well.

Tjm86

Clearly last week's interview was for a purpose!  Feedback helped to clarify a few things:  lesson - keep it bloody simple.  Interview - give clear concrete examples.  All day - be open and cheerful.  Every moment is part of the process.

Result - new job for September.  Bonus.  Longer journey but worth it for a fresh start.

Now taking great pleasure in writing a carefully worded letter of resignation to my current head. 

"Thank you for such a powerful learning experience!"

Plus a physic appointment this afternoon to look at this Rotator Cuff injury.  Benefits of a last minute cancellation and being home early from the interview.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Fantastic TJM and congrats! 

I did the same, travelling 8 miles further than I used to but so worth it (especially now I work in the most stunning grounds in ever worked in just off the Hayle Estuary).

maryanddavid

Might not be the best place to post this, but I though it was fantastic.
The weather being slightly nice, I broke out the T Shirt drawer, and my favourite 'War Zombie' was sitting on the top. Its gone a bit raggy but still perfectly fine for round the house.   

Sitting at the table opposite my 5 year old boy, he asks me where do the Zombies live, and I explain that they are not real, and they don't exist. He then asks 'when did the Zombies go extinct'. The best question I have been asked all day.

Theblazeuk

Just got to play on a HTC Vive for 1.5 hours.

And I get to do it every tuesday/wednesday lunch for a while if I play my cards right.

So bloody fantastic. I demand a Mega City One VR environment and a Judge shooting range simulator IMMEDIATELY.

Tjm86

Quote from: Something Fishy on 24 May, 2016, 07:59:52 PM
Fantastic TJM and congrats! 

Cheers.  and to TLS.  Took great pleasure in handing in my notice this morning (got to be done by Friday because of half term).  My head of department had been nagging last night but I felt it was only appropriate to tell the head first.  When I did I just sent him a picture of Steve McQueen on his motorbike.  7 more weeks!!!! (one more inspection round but I can live with that).

Something Fishy

TordelBack

Quote from: maryanddavid on 24 May, 2016, 11:45:26 PM
He then asks 'when did the Zombies go extinct'. The best question I have been asked all day.

Brilliant!

paddykafka

Just saw this news posted up on Facebook today. Congratulations, Rob.
What an amazing collection! It can truly be said that you did not think them too many, lol.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/judge-dredd-sunderland-dad-makes-guinness-world-records-for-staggering-2000-ad-collection-1-7930656

Dandontdare

Has Commando Forces seen this? I can see an appeal coming!  :lol:

Lovely wedding photo though!

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

IAMTHESYSTEM

10,018 bits of toothy! He must have a hidden bunker to keep it all in. Total dedication to the cause earns nothing but respect from slack jawed fellow forum user .
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla