Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

hey, what you and your canoe do in the privacy of your own home..... just don't post it on here or you'll go the same route thryllseeker did.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Sure is quiet in here this week.

Spikes

Hawkmumbler

Frank

I fucking love Thryllseekr:

Goaty

Oh he still go on about that! Good thing he still banned: is it sad no one like or comments on his status?

TordelBack

IANAM, but I'm guessing re-posting familiar rambles from recently banned members in their entirety is sailing a bit close to the wind, Butch.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 17 June, 2016, 07:38:33 PM
IANAM, but I'm guessing re-posting familiar rambles from recently banned members in their entirety is sailing a bit close to the wind, Butch.
Agreed, i'd say leave it as it stands.

Frank

Thryllseekr was nixed because he wouldn't stop posting offensive rants about women, not the entertaining descriptions of his domestic life*.

The content above isn't offensive, except in the Soviet sense - where no reminder of the continuing existence of the ostracised can be tolerated - but if Indigo Prime wishes to excise the above post, my huff will remain resolutely untaken.

* Everyone concerned for Mick's well being should know that he has mice. I've suggested hiring a cleaner.

Hawkmumbler

I was more concerned about his comments about children in the wardrobes! That kind of thing could land you in some trouble if your not careful!

CrazyFoxMachine

I'm just saying right, but I've got a mentally ill relation who posts long ranty statuses about all sorts of things on FB. It can be funny. As a relative there's a certain private dark humour about it but most of the time it's a worry. It shows how lonely it is in his world.

I wonder how I would feel however if I found a screen shot of one of his more paranoid statuses taken and exhibited on a public forum, presumably for the purpose of making fun of him.

Thryllseekr didn't abide by the rules of the forum and for that reason he was banned. However out in reality where he continues to live he's clearly not well and I certainly didn't feel that this particular update on his troubled existence was at all worth broadcasting. He may not be able to properly "edit" his reactions to things but YOU certainly can. The content wasn't itself 'offensive' no - the act of posting it here for us to gawk at was though.

Frank

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 June, 2016, 08:32:16 PM
I was more concerned about his comments about children in the wardrobes! That kind of thing could land you in some trouble if your not careful!

Unless you're a Liberal Democrat MP. 

I thought that part was sexual, until I read about the kids' malleable skulls allowing them to slip through small spaces and his routine of warning intruders he's arrived home.

My gran went a bit like that, convinced people were coming into her home to steal worthless items and that she could hear her neighbours threatening her through several feet of concrete. It must be terrifying to genuinely believe such things are happening.

Tjm86

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 17 June, 2016, 09:13:57 PM
I'm just saying right, but I've got a mentally ill relation who posts long ranty statuses about all sorts of things on FB. It can be funny.

Thryllseekr didn't abide by the rules of the forum and for that reason he was banned.

He may not be able to properly "edit" his reactions to things but YOU certainly can.

For me this is the most uncomfortable aspect of his banishment.  There are too many of us that have mental health problems that we are dealing with.  Thyrllseakr's were patently obvious.  By banning him, have we passed up  an opportunity to help him?

I'm not saying that this is why we are here but at the same time can't we be supportive of the most troubled amongst our brethren?  As CFM says, can't we help him by modulating our response?

There but for the grace of God go I?

Sorry but as disturbing as his posts were, I truly hope that he finds the help that he needs.

Frank

Quote from: Tjm86 on 17 June, 2016, 09:42:50 PM
By banning him, have we passed up  an opportunity to help him ... can't we be supportive of the most troubled amongst our brethren? 

Molch-R mentioned abusive PMs, so his banishment isn't in question.

CFM makes a good point about emotional proximity subtly shifting the boundary between laughing at and laughing in sympathy with someone, but makes too great an assumption regarding my own intentions.

Everyone who shares a continuing interest in Thryllseekr's welfare can befriend him on social media.

TordelBack

Quote from: Butch on 17 June, 2016, 10:13:27 PM
Everyone who shares a continuing interest in Thryllseekr's welfare can befriend him on social media.

This is an excellent point.

I apologise if I come across as censorious, Butch, and I too have always enjoyed TS's beat poetry, but I am deeply uncomfortable about us still making fun of the lad after he's been booted.