Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

I didn't mean that as an insult by the way; just my perception of audience reaction. Tordelback, you're absolutely right about the voting numbers as an indicator and 'Thank you' for being impressed - now go and buy a copy Gruddamnit!  ;)

hippynumber1

Partially complete upper-hull access panel. To be completed and painted at a later stage.

hippynumber1

More battle damage improvements by me; upper-hull plates this time though...

hippynumber1

Upper-hull framework is completed so panelling can now be added.

Colin YNWA

Wow really beginning to feel like your getting there and it will all start to come together soon!

Mattofthespurs

I'm up to issue 22 at the moment. A long way to go.
All the parts sit in their original bags waiting for that final part before I start but this thread will  be invaluable when I do.
Thanks!  :)

Krakajac

Up to issue 13 here in Oz.  Have finished the cockpit (even had a go at fibre optic lighting for the first time) and have spent a silly amount of time coming up with a base-coat I'm happy with.  Will make a start on the cargo hold in due course.  Don't want to hijack your thread, hippynumber1 - but here's my cockpit.

Also ordered a couple of pieces from shapeways to enhance the cargo hold.  Rather expensive though.

Your build is looking good.

hippynumber1

Another four panels added to the upper hull

hippynumber1

The last of the three large upper-hull maintenance access recesses - as before, painting and additional pieces to be added at a later stage.

Buttonman

Is that the same photo twenty times? I would have smashed this into many  (more) pieces a long time ago - can't do fiddly!

amines2058

Have to say the level of detail on this is ridiculous. I was thinking same as Buttonman just now that it was just 20 duplicate pic's, then re-checked to see the tiny pieces slowly being added. I also agree with Buttonman that I would probably have smashed this up by now! Patience of a saint!

hippynumber1

It becomes something close to meditation - you are so focussed on what you're doing that everything else fades away.

hippynumber1

This is for all the folk who don't seem to be enjoying the fiddly attention to detail of this build - engine housing panels; this whole section will be removable in the finished model.

Ghost MacRoth

You should be on a commission for this thread, every post makes me feel more and more that dropping nearly a grand on this model when it can be bought in one kit is entirely worth every penny!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Mattofthespurs

Yep, I have to admit that this thread, and the new Star Wars movie, 'inspired' me to drop shed loads of cash on this.
Up to issue 26 now and each new post from hippynumber1 scares me even more.