Main Menu

RIP W. R. Logan

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 May, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Shocked to hear this - always enjoyed his banter here and only met him the once, a very squiffy evening at Madame Jo Jo's for the birthday bash of the Prog, and had a great time  :)

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 May, 2016, 02:00:07 PM
Any word on the preferred charity/charities now that things are moving, John?

Just following up on this, John. Has there been any word, yet?

Regards

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

The latest news as of late last night is that Stewart has still not been repatriated. Until he has been, nothing is finalised.
Once he's home, then the family will announce everything.

TordelBack

Bloody hell, what an ordeal for his loved ones. I would have thought there would be established systems to expedite this sort of horrible business.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 31 May, 2016, 01:49:00 PM
The latest news as of late last night is that Stewart has still not been repatriated. Until he has been, nothing is finalised.
Once he's home, then the family will announce everything.

Jeez. That's terrible. Thanks, John.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

This is absolute horrendous and my heart goes out to family and friends at this time.  That said it is not all that uncommon.  It only takes a minor legal issue for everything to fall apart.  Been a very long time since I've been involved in this sort of thing and it was never pleasant.  I hope for all concerned that things get sorted soon.

GaryWilkinson

Well it's been a while... so long that I've long forgotten my old log in details.

Like everyone else I was shocked and saddened by the news of Logan's death. Dreddcons and especially Shedcons - where he would turn up with a load of original art and other goodies for the raffle - would not have been anyway near as fun without him. Always found him to be a standout solid honest generous guy. I've re-told his tattoo story many a time and will no doubt again in the future - whilst in the army, very drunk he went into a tattoo parlour with a mate and they both picked a tattoo by drunkenly and randomly pointing at the tatss displayed on the wall... Logan got a lion with a union jack, his mate got the pink panther. Logan also a home made tat from the drinking club he was in the army - that he would be proudly display at Dredd/Shedcons.

Really can't believe he's gone and the first to join Sheard in the great pub in the sky. RIP mate. 

One other thing... does anyone know his DOB or at least the year he was born? It's for an obituary.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just this moment heard from Deborah, Stewart is back home and the family will announce their plans very soon.

Steve Green

Thanks for the update John.

COMMANDO FORCES

All the information about Stewart's funeral is now known and I've made another thread, so no-one misses it, if they wish to go.

Here's the thread STEWART'S FUNERAL SERVICE

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Aaron A Aardvark

Sad to make my first post for five years for this but a big thank-you to Stewart for being WR Logan and condolences to his loved ones.

esoteric ed

I'm very sorry to hear this news, rest in peace Stewart.

Ed

JamesC

Was just about to post that Molch-R

Here's a clipping from the physical paper: