Main Menu

RIP W. R. Logan

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 May, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Awful, sad news.

I knew Stewart in passing since the early Bristol cons and the beery pub/bar nights that would follow.

He was always happy to acknowledge me and have a chat even with years between meetings, seeing and him at the Southern meet up last year was great.

He was one of the forum contributors whose comments I would always read on any thread.

My thoughts and condolences go with his family and we'll raise a beer (or two) to him at the next meet up.

Again, very sad.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

CrazyFoxMachine

That legacy of squaxx fan creativity he kickstarted with Class of '79 is still going strong and there should absolutely be some tribute to his clear boundless enthusiasm in that vein. Terribly sorry for his family and those that knew him. This is deeply horrible news.

pauljholden

Been struggling to process this since I heard the news.

Deeply saddened by his death, and my heartfelt condolences to his other friends and family.

I've known Stewart for decades and he was my guiding light towards working for 2000AD through the class of 79. As grumpy as he could be online to others, in person he was a remarkably happy chap - ready with a vast smile, and a hearty laugh.

We shared hotel rooms, he would never knowingly turn down a request for some favour or other and to my shame, most of my email correspondence to him over the years involved me asking for favours of one sort or another. Though I think he was happy that he could trace my entire career back to class of 79.

I miss those early days of comic cons in the UK, sharing a room with Stu, using him for his flawless navigational abilities ("How the hell do you always know where you're going?" "Oh I turn up early and have a walk around first") and just generally hanging out in the pub sketching. Easily the best time of my life.

I miss you Stu.

La Placa Rifa.

-pj

ThryllSeekyr

Read about this on Facebook from Commandom of course. Sad news to hear, but this name doesn't sound familiar to me.

Yet, W.R. Logan....did he post here a lot in the past. I think I remember that.

Although it it's hard say much about somebody I haven't met face to face and that pretty much goes for the lot of you.

The circumstances make it sound like it was career related.

pauljholden

From 2004:

L-R: Boo Cooke, Gemma, Stewart Perkins,Ross, Al Ewing, Rob Williams, Paul Cornell. (from 2004)

This was when it wasn't unusual to get a lot of comic pros at one con at one time.

Here's the famously grumpy WR Logan here:

Pete Wells

Oh no. One of the greats.

Truly shocked and saddened by this.

La placa rifa.

Heath C Ackley

I can only add my condolences. Very sad news. R.I.P.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Trout

I hope John Wagner takes this opportunity to mangle or maim Judge Logan further.

Yeah, I know it's definitely too soon to be joking, but Stewart would've laughed. So, fuck it. :-)

Michael Knight

R.I.P Wr Logan. Thoughts and prayers with his family. Raising a glass to you tonight  :'(

Jim_Campbell

I'm shocked and appalled. Stewart was a constant, a point of reference in 2000AD fandom. Although we met only a handful of times, and very briefly, I always thought of him as my friend and I'm devastated that I won't see him again.

Bloody hell.

I can't imagine what his family, what his real friends are going through. My unconditional sympathies to all of them.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Pete Wells

Quote from: Trout on 21 May, 2016, 09:11:43 PM
I hope John Wagner takes this opportunity to mangle or maim Judge Logan further.

Yeah, I know it's definitely too soon to be joking, but Stewart would've laughed. So, fuck it. :-)

Ha ha ha! This made me laugh too Trout, you can bet he would have liked it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Once I know more, then we can hopefully do something for Stewart from the forum. I shall ask the next time I speak to Deborah.

LARF

Logan was on of the first squaxx to welcome me onto this board many years ago. I think I named his fish in a competition he ran, Motor Pike and Side Carp, he was a force, a true Dredd fan and had an elephantine memory for all things Dredd. A grumpy twat online, and a wonderfully warm person in the flesh, he was the epitome of a true 2000AD fan. I'm quite numb at this news it's such a shock.

pauljholden

If anyone finds out about funeral arrangements, I'd like to try and go. You can email me at pjholden at gmail dot com

Cheers

-pj