Main Menu

Where are we at with getting a Dredd 2?

Started by thelawgiver, 13 January, 2015, 11:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Generally they're just repackaged standard discs, with a few exceptions (Total Recall, Robocop remasters). I expect Dredd will just be the same disc/transfer again.

James Stacey

It's a zavvi steelbook so it will just be the standard disc with new packaging.

Zenith 666

Quote from: Molch-R on 13 January, 2015, 12:46:20 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 January, 2015, 12:43:29 PM
Aren't the rights a complete fucking mess, on top of the dismal box office?

Nope. The complete audio and visual rights reside with Rebellion and are currently optioned to DNA Films. All other trademark and copyright rights for Judge Dredd reside with Rebellion.
Hope this works never quoted before.

Zenith 666

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 06 February, 2015, 07:19:27 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 13 January, 2015, 12:46:20 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 January, 2015, 12:43:29 PM
Aren't the rights a complete fucking mess, on top of the dismal box office?

Nope. The complete audio and visual rights reside with Rebellion and are currently optioned to DNA Films. All other trademark and copyright rights for Judge Dredd reside with Rebellion.
Hope this works never quoted before.

chuffsteruk

Just saw this tweet:

G@BRIELGR@Y ‏@GBRIELGRY  7m7 minutes ago
Could there 'finally' be some movement on a sequel to #Dredd?

Well... that's.. a surprise, must not get excited, nor you either, YET! hmm

Zenith 666

Rubbish it's never gonna happen(oh please please be true).

Goaty

Seriously who that person?? And where he/she heard it from??

chuffsteruk

I follow him on twitter, seems to have a lot of inside knowledge on many projects.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Tantalising though this may be it's properly just someone whose heard a rumour relating to a DREDD sequel playing cryptic messenger.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 06 February, 2015, 09:10:31 PM
G@BRIELGR@Y ‏@GBRIELGRY  7m7 minutes ago
Could there 'finally' be some movement on a sequel to #Dredd?

Alex Garland has explicitly said that if there's ever another Dredd movie, it'll be at some unspecified point in the future and have nothing to do with him or his movie version. I don't know how much clearer he has to be about this.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

It seems to me that if we want to see the movie version of Dredd continue it would make more sense to campaign for more comics set in that universe.
Alex Garland may be persuaded to write a synopsis for the cursed earth/dark judges stories which may have made it to the big screen had things turned out differently.

Stu101

^^^ I like this idea ^^^

For me the two follow up comics have lacked much of a storyline, I've enjoyed them but certainly not wowed by them. I would be very interested to see where the film may have travelled.

radiator

QuoteAlex Garland may be persuaded to write a synopsis for the cursed earth/dark judges stories which may have made it to the big screen had things turned out differently.

That would be my hope too.

With Jock drawing it.

JOE SOAP

"The reason there wasn't a console and PC Dredd game released alongside the Karl Urban-starring movie reboot is because the timing just wasn't right.

"The problem was the release date of the movie," said Kingsley. "We didn't have the release date to allow us to make a good game. The movie was meant to come out just after the new year and it didn't come out until September. If we had known it was coming out in September we would have had enough time to make a game. We were finishing off some other titles and we just didn't have the space."

Whether Rebellion does make a Judge Dredd game for consoles and PC partly hinges on whether the Dredd movie gets a sequel. Kingsley says there's talks going on "behind the scenes" and there's a fan petition to make that happen. If it does, Rebellion could begin development of the game.

"Yeah. Hopefully we will," said Kingsley of the prospect. "We'll have to find the money to make it. We'd have to be comfortable, we'd have to have spare resources. But yeah, we're very interested."

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-20500-Sniper-Elite-Developer-Interested-in-Making-a-Judge-Dredd-Game.html

IAMTHESYSTEM

I thought the sequel rumours were all done and dusted! Well that's sounds intriguing though I suspect it's more a what if they did another film we'd do a game scenario.

Looking forward to Zombie 3. Perhaps a Nazi Judge Death could 'guest' star in a DLC! Well just a suggestion.  ;)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla