Main Menu

Recent posts

Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 05:02:38 PM
2099 is an odd one. I really enjoyed the first one, giving us an extended look into a kind of Elseworlds/What-If Dredd. But I've not really been enamoured with any of the others. It feels a bit too much like repeating a punchline to diminishing returns.

But Megatropolis was interesting. One-Eyed Jacks was entertaining and managed to piss off a whole bunch of people that kind of needed pissing off. And a great many of his Dredd stories have been top-tier.
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
Last post by M.I.K. - Today at 04:50:31 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 April, 2024, 05:17:37 PMSo, do you UK types have King Chuck on your coins or stamps yet?  Shame to replace the profile of Liz in her youth - she was a bit of a looker (though her sister Anne was a stunner in her day).

So far only encountered one 50p piece about a month ago. Also, I think you mean Margaret.
Last post by broodblik - Today at 04:31:28 PM
A good read. I like his work especially the diversity in his stories. His first few stories were very similar structured but as he grew into the character or rather the world he added many more nuances to his storytelling. I especially loved his Megatropolis and his One-eyed Jack storyline. For some reason I am not as deeply invested in his Mega-City 2099. One thing for me is still missing on his resume and that is a Dredd mega-epic.
News / Re: Mega collection spine char...
Last post by noose - Today at 03:55:56 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on Today at 03:48:15 PMMy guess is (just based on an image search of the spine) that's Raptaur first appearing in Volume One of the Meg.

Thanks so much!
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 03:48:39 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 April, 2024, 07:33:17 PMMy word. It's almost as if money and power allow one to punch way above one's weight.

News / Re: Mega collection spine char...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 03:48:15 PM
My guess is (just based on an image search of the spine) that's Raptaur first appearing in Volume One of the Meg.
Off Topic / Re: This is the News!
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 03:44:31 PM
Easy for me - I never used Twatter anyway. Elon Musk is a right specimen. My only solace: he too will die one day.
News / Mega collection spine characte...
Last post by noose - Today at 03:40:50 PM
Can anyone tell me who the black alien character on the spine of issue 59 is please?
I'm sure I know but I can't quite pull it out my old man brain.
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 03:39:34 PM
[Like button]