Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

which according to some quick googling is indeed how it appeared in the comic.

Eamonn Clarke

http://2000adonline.com/post/543

In the Thrill-Cast the Scream! editor Ian Rimmer discussed how there was some managerial pressure from IPC who were keen to avoid a "comic-nasty" headline at the same time as the video-nasties fuss was raging.

Apparently Alan Moore's original concept for the rest of the story was thought to be too grim and was, ironically, locked away. Moore was also too busy for the rewrite because (with further irony) he was about to bring horror back to American comics in Swamp Thing, so Wagner & Grant took over and presumably toned things down a bit.

I assume that this IPC pressure also extended to the art department and the result is that last panel.

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 17 September, 2016, 01:38:39 PM
I got it directly from Mr Redondo - I have never seen any other screat art so it was good to know that he had had a few pages returned.

Good stuff.
I'd love a page from Scream.

Skullmo

Carlos has some black and white pages for sale from the Prog 2000 special Dredd story (Pages 1 and 11 have been reserved). If anyone is interested drop me a PM.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Eamonn Clarke

Had my eye out for a Ron Smith page for a while and picked this one up from the facebook group with a little advice from Skullmo himself.
Prog 317 The Stupid Gun

Eamonn Clarke

And to tie in with my recent episode on Chopper: Song of the Surfer here is my other acquisition from the Facebook group, and signed by John, Colin & colourist Tim Perkins

Skullmo

Skullmo

I can never say no to a nice bit of Emery!

Tjm86

Please, no.  I'm starting to get board.

Skullmo

I'm not sure I've posted these here - some Crisis covers. These are really special:

maryanddavid

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Not bought any art for ages but then saw this on eBay going for a song. Seriously happy with it - a fantastic example of Sinister Dexter as song cold killers and a really clinicial page wonderfully paced and designed. Seriously given what I paid for this and the quality of the piece (its quite fantastic) if people are looking for a way into (or back into) collecting original art check out some of Patrick's work there's gold to be had!

Spikes

Nice catch, and a cracking page! Ebay is a funny old place, but bargains are still to be had.

And there is a Patrick Goddard hole in my collection. Must look into this.