Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 29 July, 2016, 04:57:06 AM
05 Dec 2016 - Judge Dredd: The Brendan McCarthy Collection - Click! - Hardback, 200 pages, IDW.

Judge Dredd: The Brendan McCarthy Collection
"Ground-breaking artist Brendan McCarthy has been at the fore-front of independent comics since the early 1980s as well as the TV and film industry, including co-writing and designing Mad Max Fury Road. This oversized hardcover collection showcases all of his stories and covers for Judge Dredd including "Oz," "The Day the Law Died," "Dr. Panic," "Atlantis," and more!"

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

BPP

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 September, 2016, 06:43:56 AM
Also interesting that Medivac 318 is getting a reprint. Wasn't Hilary Robinson's work under ownership dispute? I wonder if a deal has been done or if this is a case of the Zeniths? Lets see.

One can only hope about Luke Kirby.

Don't quote me but I think it was just Zippy Couriers (lovely art) that was in dispute as characters in it had appeared prior to 2000AD.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Hawkmumbler

Frank

According to Thrill-Power Overload (p.136), the court ruling Robinson obtained decreed that she owns Medivac 318, Zippy Couriers, and Chronos Carnival. Molcher told Laura Sneddon that Robinson owned all three strips and that those first two contained characters Robinson originated elsewhere.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 September, 2016, 04:27:04 AM
Hi Si!

You (or anyone) is certainly welcome to add any snippets of upcoming stories into this thread.

Thanks Dash - here's a few that I've pulled out of the prog - Thrills of The Future- maybe for 2017...

Hope: - by Guy Adams & Jimmy Broxton

Flesh: Gorehead - by Mills & Clint Langley

Kingdom: As it is in Heaven - by Dan Abnett & Richard Elson

Anderson: The Deep End - by Alec Worley & Paul Davidson

Hunted - by Gordon Rennie & PJ Holden [spoiler](Nu Earth story)[/spoiler]

Anderson: Dragon Blood - by Alan Grat & Paul Marshall

Savage: The Marze Murderer - by Pat Mills & Patrick Goddard

...also there was an Indigo Prime Story mooted some time ago which I am very much looking forward to...

Any more for any more?

Si

Colin YNWA

Don't think I've commented on the new Flesh, I'm in a strange state of nervous excitment over it. I know its seriously divided folks here in its previous (recent) runs but I've really enjoyed them. The change in artist however is the issue. I love Clint Langley on ABC, really was a fan of his work on Slaine and I just can't work out how good a fit he'll be on Flesh, he might be magnificent.... he might be terrible... guess the proof will be in the pudding. It'll be interesting finding out either way.

As for the other stuff there's some exciting stuff on the way. Savage seems to have been missing for an age (it probably hasn't just feels that way) and its always a joy to have Kingdom about.

Jacqusie

Having just read the prog, there will be a fair chunk of those stories in prog 2001!

I'm looking forward to 'Hope' down the line - it looks very interesting and I think that Guy Adams has been building this world beforehand in his books (I may be wrong...)

I'm expecting the new Flesh to look very nice, but I also expect Gorehead to be captured and not to be killed for several different 'reasons' as these books lumber ever on...

Still there is the return of Trevor Hairsine - thats a billy bonus!

:)

Mute77

More savage is always welcome.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Jacqusie on 23 September, 2016, 11:51:16 PM

Hunted - by Gordon Rennie & PJ Holden [spoiler](Nu Earth [/spoiler][spoiler] -- don't look-- [/spoiler][spoiler]Traitor General story)[/spoiler]

FTFY Si
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 September, 2016, 07:21:12 AM
Don't think I've commented on the new Flesh, I'm in a strange state of nervous excitement over it.

Mmmm.  I absolutely loved McKay's art from start to finish, and the move away from the 'soiled doves' nonsense to future eco-politics and arena battles towards the end of the last series was very welcome.  The idea of Langley, while a hugely accomplished artist, worries me - his dinosaurs in Slaine: The Amber Smuggler didn't really impress, but then he's the also the guy who drew Dinosty and Lord of Misrule, which did.  And then there's the familiar cast playing cowboys this time, and the issue of Cretaceous murk... Mills knows what he's doing, I suppose.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 September, 2016, 07:21:12 AM
The change in artist however is the issue. I love Clint Langley on ABC, really WASN'T a fan of his work on Slaine and I just can't work out how good a fit he'll be on Flesh...

I'm such a numbnut!

Tony Angelino

I think they could have picked a better Brendan McCarthy illustration for the front cover of that book. Seems a strange choice. I also don't really think of him as a Dredd artist. I remember him doing part of Oz and the Atlantis story and but that's probably just because they recently featured in the Mega Collection. 

Tony Angelino

Quote from: Frank on 21 September, 2016, 07:32:23 PM
According to Thrill-Power Overload (p.136), the court ruling Robinson obtained decreed that she owns Medivac 318, Zippy Couriers, and Chronos Carnival. Molcher told Laura Sneddon that Robinson owned all three strips and that those first two contained characters Robinson originated elsewhere.

I haven't read any of the Hilary Robinson stories since they first appeared in the late 80's. I don't have fond memories of them though. I group her in with Michael Fleisher in that respect. I will have to dig out my old progs and have a re-read though.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 27 September, 2016, 10:30:54 PM
I group her in with Michael Fleisher in that respect

Dear grud, NO!  Robinson's stories are in general different from the usual 2000AD fare, a bit less incident-packed and more reflective or maybe gentler, but they have characters, plots and humour, and a sense of being set in a larger world. So nothing at all like Fleisher.

I can see why they weren't wildly popular, but they're not at all bad, and there's some gold in there.

Proceed with your re-read and report back!

IndigoPrime

I'd happily have read a lot more Medivac.