Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: afjudge on 11 February, 2014, 09:41:15 AM
They are hilariously brilliant. Must get out the Lego this evening with my kids.

Please do - and take snaps of anything you come up with!

:)

Goaty

Off the topic, but Total Film got new feature today; 50 cool LEGO movie sets, hope it give you some ideas?

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50-coolest-movie-lego-sets

ming

Another enjoyable Saturday morning involving educational chatting about 2000AD and playing with Lego - we went for Shako today (the pink eyes were Feliks' idea).  Instead of a super-secret capsule, he's eating a camera, but at least we have body parts and people fleeing... :lol:

Richmond Clements

Quote from: ming on 15 February, 2014, 02:17:52 PM
Another enjoyable Saturday morning involving educational chatting about 2000AD and playing with Lego - we went for Shako today (the pink eyes were Feliks' idea).  Instead of a super-secret capsule, he's eating a camera, but at least we have body parts and people fleeing... :lol:

Forum needs a damned LIKE button...

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Ro-Jaws

A great thread, and wonderful recreation's in Lego, all.

But special mention has just got to go to Ro-Jaws.  :thumbsup:

Colin YNWA

You do realise that at is rate this thread is going to become the greatest place on the Internet EVER!

Mikey

Almost too good! I want to see Mongrol despite his wee legs!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JayzusB.Christ

Outstanding, Ming. I particularly love the streaks of blood and guts, and the chap with his face ripped off.
Next up, I'd like to see the Iscariot from Killing Time...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ming

Glad that you're liking these, folks.  I know what we'll be making next, I think.  It's always great to play with Lego and recounting tales from 2000AD for the boys at this early age is good preparation for them.  Even with a (relatively) small amount of Lego there's an amazing amount you can do...  Having a few more technical pieces and just more bricks will definitely be great though, so this is definitely just the beginning!

ming

After a rather rainy Sunday afternoon...

FLESH is just perfect for kids; always has been, always will be.  Oskar (3) liked the sound of Claw Carver replacing his hand with a Deinonychus' claw but asked, quite sensibly "How would that work?".  Still, they love the idea of time-travelling cowboys harvesting dinosaurs for food, so it's all good.

Claw Carver

Old One-Eye in pursuit

TordelBack

It's mid-term this week. My eldest is already engaged in a mammoth SW starport build, and while I have tentatively committed to contributing a version of the Twilight, I might see if I can divert into some 2000AD.  Assuming work delivers on the slight lull it has promised.

ming

Fingers crossed for you, Tordelback!

It's proving to be great fun seeing what we can and can't do with the bits we have although I would obviously do very bad things for an official set of 2000AD mini-figs...  Meanwhile, the fun continues!

Greg M.

Wonderful! I can almost hear Pat Mills narrating: "It was not a nice way to die!"

I know it's not 2000AD, but given that you've done Shako and Flesh, surely Hook Jaw is the obvious follow-up?

Dark Jimbo

Nice to see Pat himself sharing these on Facebook!   :D
@jamesfeistdraws

allied72

Inspiring. Got to show the kids and get busy with the lego