Main Menu

Judge dredd face?

Started by rs_jr, 14 September, 2016, 05:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs_jr

hi

i was wondering what do most people invasion dredds face to be like?

Whenever i see carlos ezquerra i can't help but imagine bruno samartino due to the chin :)

Woolly

Quotehi

i was wondering what do most people invasion dredds face to be like?

(Well, he looks like Carlos drew him at least...  ;))

rs_jr

Trout

Carlos drew Dredd sans helmet in the comic book adaptation of the 1995 Dredd film.

While that film is, of course, an unspeakable abomination, that's got to be as close to canon Dreddface as we have ever had.

I now submit this motion to the house.

- Trout

pauljholden

Quote from: Trout on 15 September, 2016, 07:02:32 AM
Carlos drew Dredd sans helmet in the comic book adaptation of the 1995 Dredd film.

While that film is, of course, an unspeakable abomination, that's got to be as close to canon Dreddface as we have ever had.

- Trout

Motion denied, the person Carlos drew was in fact Sylvester Stallone, as we all know, he isn't actually Dredd.

(less canonical and more Cannonical.)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: pauljholden on 15 September, 2016, 10:10:33 AM
Motion denied, the person Carlos drew was in fact Sylvester Stallone, as we all know, he isn't actually Dredd.

"Ahem, the court must deny the motion to dismiss" -

Exhibit A

Carlos Ezquerra's published "interpretation" of movie Dredd -

Exhibit B

Carlos Ezquerra's preliminaries of Stallone's likeness -

In the words of Carlos Ezquerra ''These sketches were rejected by Stallone's agent because "he wasn't handsome enough".

Exhibit C

Ron Smith's interpretation -

sheridan

Quote from: pauljholden on 15 September, 2016, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: Trout on 15 September, 2016, 07:02:32 AM

- Trout

Whereas this guy is:

Fungus

"I'm still alive... technically" is quite the pleasing line of dialogue.

Trout

An actor's face? I don't see it. Might as well say he looks like Rondo Hatton.

The Adventurer

There is flashback in the Rico evaluation story in the Brothers of the Blood collection showing cadet Joe and Rico sans helmets. Drawn by Simon Friaser.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Judge Brian

Joe & Rico's face were shown in the Brothers in Blood story.

Woolly

Quote from: The Adventurer on 15 September, 2016, 05:10:57 PM
There is flashback in the Rico evaluation story in the Brothers of the Blood collection showing cadet Joe and Rico sans helmets. Drawn by Simon Friaser.

ISTR reading somewhere that John Wagner wasn't happy about that.
Is it in TPO, or is my mind misfiring again?

Frank

JOE SOAP'S sketches are incredible, and give the lie to Ezquerra's claim likenesses don't come easily to him. As Reagan from Strontium Dog: Bitch demonstrates, he's a gifted caricaturist.

That Carlos 1995 comic is obviously what Dredd looks like, but if I had to cast an actor I'd go with Josh Brolin.

Ron Smith was getting reprinted almost every month in The Best Of 2000ad when I first started reading, so my formative impression of Dredd was classically handsome but rugged, rather the grotesque developed later.

Obviously Josh Brolin wouldn't touch a Judge Dredd movie with someone else's barge pole - maybe Tharg could afford Danny Trejo, his non-union, Mexican equivalent. Fuck it, just cast Daniel Day Lewis and let him live as a 22nd century fascist lawman for 18 months to get the look and the voice right.

james newell

auxlen

I'll have to go with Mr Urban as he is the Dredd we have/wanted/got/need..
I think Ez played it safe with the comic adaptation of Judge Dredd...