Main Menu

Tharg's Future Shocks Books

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 21 September, 2016, 10:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

A few years back Tharg gave a couple of collections of future shocks books away to new subscribers.

Does anyone have a listing of the contents of each.

As far as I know they were called Tharg's Future Shocks and Tharg's Future Shocks - Maximum Thrill Power.

Also does anyone know if the All-Star Future Shock collection from 2014 is a rebranded version of the Best of Tharg's Future Shocks from 2008 for the American market?

Lobo Baggins

Tharg's Future Shocks contents page...

Tharg's Future Shocks: Maximum Thrill-Power contents page...

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

glassstanley

Quote from: Rio De Fideldo on 21 September, 2016, 10:34:52 AM
Also does anyone know if the All-Star Future Shock collection from 2014 is a rebranded version of the Best of Tharg's Future Shocks from 2008 for the American market?

No, it's a different selection.

Rio De Fideldo

Thanks for the contents pages Lobo. Does anyone have something similar for the other two collections ie

All-Star and Best of

thanks

jrdd

I have The Best Of Tharg's Future Shocks (Nov 2008) and don't forget there's The Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks too (May 2011).  Hopefully scans are below - first time posting images so fingers crossed...

Best Of:

Alan Moore:

Magnetica

So is Tharg's Future shocks available to buy? (I mean the one with the very earliest ones). And is it complete - as far as it goes up to?

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Magnetica on 21 September, 2016, 11:03:07 PM
So is Tharg's Future shocks available to buy? (I mean the one with the very earliest ones). And is it complete - as far as it goes up to?

It's on Amazon and Ebay - but it's quite expensive.

It's also digest size - about a quarter of the regular prog size - so it's quite hard to read sometimes and isn't comprehensive (the Steve Moore scripted ones are absent, and there's loads missing from between progs 200 to about 400).  In other words, a fantastic thing to get free with a subscription, but I wouldn't pay 30 quid for it...

I'd love to see Tharg's Future Shocks get the phone book treatment - I'd buy that without hesitation.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Hawkmumbler

Omnibuses of Future Shocks, Terror Tales, and 3Rillers would definitely be on my purchase pile. Sadly they forever seem to exist now to bulk out floppies and themed TPB's.

Rio De Fideldo

Weird decision by Tharg to include A Change of Scenery by John Smith in the Future Shock collection and not in the complete Indigo Prime book as it features the first appearance of Indigo Prime iirc.

Not as weird as excluding America and Kenny Who from the case files (whilst still including Judge Dredd vs Predator in case files 27 even though it had already been reprinted in the Dredd/Alien/Predator collection!) but weird nontheless.

Richard