Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

YeaH if you fancy slipping some Patrick in there a lot comes up on eBay. Mind you might get even more choice if you went direct.

Mind there's cheap fun to be had on eBay as my next buy will show when it arrives. Over on the other thread for that mind...

Spikes

I think, though not 100% certain, that Patrick Goddard sells his art via eBay?

But yes, keen to grab a nice example of his stuff. A Savage page would be aces.

And as I'm here;

Thought Bubble was a blast, and I managed to snag a few bits of original art.
Made a beeline straight to Simon Davis' table. I just missed out on the Sinister Dexter panel he drew for Prog 2000, but I also had my eye on this piece, which I managed to snag

In a Prog chock-a-block full of talent, It's perhaps unfair to single any one person out, but he is simply outstanding, isn't he.

And from a modern master, to someone who is as old school as they come. Ian Kennedy, who is of course, a 100% British comics legend. He had a mouth watering selection of Dan Dare, Dredd, and Strontium Dog originals on offer. Just had to snag one. Wish I'd bought another...

Mute77

Both pieces are very lovely..Simon Davis can do no wrong!

Colin YNWA

Yeah saw those on Faciebook and they are glorious. That Ian Kennedy picture particularly is beautiful.

Tjm86

My word Spikes, I wish I could have gotten up there with some dosh to catch up with Mr Kennedy.  I would dearly love to snag a piece of his Dare artwork.  I am green with envy!!!!!!

Dr Feeley Good

Was there much original 2000ad artwork for sale ?...

Spikes

There was a fair amount. Boo Cook, Simon Davis, Ian Kennedy, Kev Walker, Mike Collins, Pete Doherty, Dylan Teague (I think?), amongst others were all selling original pieces. Maybe a few more was as well, but I didn't get round to seeing everyone unfortunately.

Most of the droids was also doing sketches.

COMMANDO FORCES

I picked up a page from Pete Doherty and had a look through Simon Davis' and Boo Cooks collections of art. Amazing amount for sale and such reasonable prices.

Dr Feeley Good

I went to the Blackburn Comic Con yesterday and met Lee Carter and bought a few pieces of his original artwork,can anyone tell me what issue and Dredd story the last panel is from ? Most of the Carter Droids artwork was in separate panels that he then scanned...Great bloke as well and I also had a quick chat with John Ridgway.....

Colin YNWA

Wow really intrigued to see his process for interior art now. So does he draw images seperately for everything and then 'construct' it on computer? Fascinating.

Colin YNWA

I'm curious if anyone here got the double page spread from Dave Taylor that sold told? Used to be my screen saver  absolutely wonderful piece.

Was at a conference all day and had warned the colleague I was with that I was with that I'd be disappearing to eBay at about 3.35. I saw the price this with about 15 minutes to go but she nudged me and said go for it... by the time I'd logged in all prepared to break my record for a piece of art it leap to a price that kicked me out of range, but I don't think was too much.

Congratulations to whom ever got it.

Geoff

It's such a great image of the Big Meg. I got knocked out in the last few minutes too... 

Worth every penny of what it went for.  Would have gone higher myself if it wasn't tax month. Grrr.

Mute77

I saw the Dave Taylor cityscape too- very nice. How much did it go for?

Colin YNWA

£401. Started at like £49.99 I think. I wish I could say it was only cos I'm saving money for 40th that stopped me gping higher!

Mute77