Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD : CURSED EARTH UNCENSORED: MICK MCMAHON COVER

Started by Wiggz, 15 October, 2016, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 October, 2016, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: norton canes on 17 October, 2016, 12:19:35 PM
While he was drawing I asked him about the techniques he used on his Slaine artwork. No doubt concentrating on his sketch, he delivered the fantastically succinct reply "It's just pens". The secret of perfect artwork there! It's just pens!

Hey, I have some pens too! I wonder if I were to use them just right...
'Snobby critic voice' My 8 year old could draw that!

Steve Green

While he was drawing I asked him about the techniques he used on his Slaine artwork. No doubt concentrating on his sketch, he delivered the fantastically succinct reply "It's just pens". The secret of perfect artwork there! It's just pens!

All the right pens, not necessarily in the right order.

Spikes

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 October, 2016, 02:15:50 PM

'Snobby critic voice' My 8 year old could draw that!

From the pen of a 9 year old Mick McMahon...

Spikes

Very tempted, but dang, only bought the previous HB release a few short months ago...

Trent

Dammit, now I'm tempted. Was a relatively easy pass with having the hardback but the signature and print are giving me second thoughts.
Bloody Tharg.

Geoff

Hard enough to resist temptation with that cover...and then you see the ltd edition bookplate (with signed print!) and you know resistance is futile..

Tony Angelino

I am tempted but, at the risk of getting kicked off this board, I'm not that struck on the cover.

I think I would like to have seen Dredd a bit more the focus of the pic than Ronald McDonald. I'm probably just put off by the clown make-up.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 20 October, 2016, 04:59:36 PM
I am tempted but, at the risk of getting kicked off this board, I'm not that struck on the cover.

I think I would like to have seen Dredd a bit more the focus of the pic than Ronald McDonald. I'm probably just put off by the clown make-up.

Kick him off now!  ;)

Geoff

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 20 October, 2016, 05:01:35 PM

Kick him off now!  ;)

Indeed, Orf with his head!

Fungus

Not personally tempted, having both hard and soft covers sounds questionable  :o

Anyway, I came on here to suggest that MM's new cover is a bit on the murky side, and not one of his best. So, you're not alone... Mick's 'modern' style benefits from bright colours, is all I'm saying. Plus, his average beats others' 'best' too...

Geoff

Just shows 'different strokes for different folks' I really like the colouring on this cover. I think it looks very natural and textured for digital colouring and suits the Cursed Earth completely.

Totally agree about getting two of the same book though - it's an affliction!

Trent

To quote Junior Angel (or near enough) "I ain't obsessed, I just wanna do it".

norton canes

He seems to have gone a bit off-brief with this softcover art. How come there are zombies??

Would have maybe preferred an update of the classic '180lb JUDGE BURGER' cover, which better evoked the feel of the story.

Or, perhaps he should have created a cover based on Soul Food/Giants Aren't Gentlemen...