Main Menu

longest judge name?

Started by Eme, 01 November, 2016, 12:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 03 November, 2016, 01:47:19 PM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 03 November, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
why aren't Sov Badges written in Cyrillic?  Z

They are, which is probably why the various artists go to great lengths to avoid drawing them.

I never made the Johnny Red connection before. Do you think that's one of the reasons Cooper (not a natural Dredd artist) got the Last Invader gig?

ZenArcade

I bow my head, and stand corrected Lobo. X
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Not the longest name, but surely the most ginormous badge - just to accomodate the name Rheinhart.

It's not even as if the name's important or there's any confusion over who the character is supposed to be. Uncle Ron could definitely have got away with the traditional fudge of a legible R and T, with indistinct characters inbetween.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Frank on 20 November, 2016, 03:29:09 PM
Not the longest name, but surely the most ginormous badge - just to accomodate the name Rheinhart.

It's not even as if the name's important or there's any confusion over who the character is supposed to be. Uncle Ron could definitely have got away with the traditional fudge of a legible R and T, with indistinct characters inbetween.

Surely Reinhart would most likely appear as R.hart, in the way Bonaventura becomes B.ventura?
@jamesfeistdraws

Eme

nice find with Rheinhart, Frank ! thanks...  but I wonder if that is the record to date ;)

AlexF

I'm guessing reader art isn't canon?

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 November, 2016, 04:09:29 PM
Quote from: Frank on 20 November, 2016, 03:29:09 PM

Surely Reinhart would most likely appear as R.hart, in the way Bonaventura becomes B.ventura?

I wonder if he changed his name to Smiley and faded into the background behind that wall near the Chief Judge's office. Looks like he's headed that way in the last panel.
Someone's already said this didn't they?