Main Menu

NOVEMBER ART COMP - VOTING THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 28 November, 2016, 01:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Apologies for no entry this month - my computer chose last week to give up totally just as I started to get my City of the Damned theme pic started - I will still finish it when the replacement turns up!   All worthy tributes, but these are my choices

1st: IamtheSystem
2nd: Nic Freeman
3rd: Neil McClements

MarkHiggins

#1 IAMTHESYSTEM

#2 Neil McClements

#3 Nic Freeman

HMs Stu101, Adrian Bamforth, Goaty1 &2, Tulio Vilelo & Uwe De Witt

All great entries and all very poignant and moving.

Darren Stephens

Feel terrible for not having entered this month, if only as a thank you to Mr Dillon for many great memories. As ever, all the entries are fantastic, but my top 3 are...

1 : Neil McClements

2 : Mark Higgins

3 : Uwe de Witt

HMs to all the rest. Truly brilliant!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

IAMTHESYSTEM

1: Nic Freeman:

2:Neil McClements

3:Goaty

HM Uwe de Witt/Adrian Bamforth/Mark Higgins/Stu 101/Albion and everyone who had a go at this most taxing of comps.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Rogue Judge

Where is Andy Lambert's tribute? I thought it was really powerful and would have done well. It must have been accidentally missed -  I think it should be included here too!

Andy Lambert's submission/image, taken from the NOVEMBER ART COMP - STEVE DILLON TRIBUTE thread:

Colin YNWA

CrazyFoxMachine has addressed this below. New rule that the previous months winner can't enter the next competition for which they have set the theme. He's explained this to Andy.

Rogue Judge

Thanks for clearing that up Colin. I had already voted, then remembered his post so commented again before I read everything on page one. I can understand the reasoning behind the new rule, there is lots of amazing talent here. Good to know; I thought Andy did a bang up job on his submission either way!

Stu101

1. Nic Freeman - Star Pin Up (Classy classic and positive tribute to Dillon)
2. Mark Higgins - Salute to steve (Great art and colours)
3. Goaty 2 - Forever to Stay (As mentioned before Goaty has captured Steve's style)

HM's - Uwe de Witt, Albion, Neil McClements and all the other entries

Regarding Andy Lamberts great entry it's a shame the rules where changed, I wonder whether in situations like this when the submissions are more of a tribute as opposed to just a competition the rules could be relaxed? However it definitely deserves to be seen.

Thanks CFM for keeping this comp going, I've not been entering, or voting as much as I should've recently but still enjoying checking it on a regular basis.

Tulio_Vilela

1. Nic Freeman: Star Pin-Up, cause is as a good homage to Dillon and also a homage to all classic 2000 comics;
2. Marc Higgins: Salute to Steve , cause the art is great and also cause it  is a good taste and smart  homage;
3. Neil McClements: I am the Laaah, cause "Cry of the Werewolf" is a classic arch story, werewolves are cool and the werewolf McClements drew is very dynamic, I really like the facial expression, simple but works very well.
HMs for all the other artists, congratulations for all.

Fungus

1st   Uwe de Witt
2nd  Albion
3rd  Goaty2

Brian Corcoran

1. Nic Freeman
2. Neil McClements
3. IAMTHESYSTEM

HMs
Mark Higgins
Tulio Vilela
Goaty2

Well done, all. Here's to Mr. D.

Professor Bear

1 - Nic Freeman
2 - Uwe De Witt
3 - Mark Higgins

Dandontdare

3rd Goaty 2
2nd Mark Higgins
1st Nic Freeman

Andy Lambert

Thanks for the kind comments about my submission - it's much appreciated.

Okay, here goes...

1st. Nic Freeman - Star Pin-Up
2nd. Uwe de Witt - Dillon Tribute
3rd. Neil McClements - I Am The Laaahh!

HMs:
IAMTHESYSTEM - Steve Dillon
Goaty2 - Forever To Stay
Mark Higgins - Salute To Steve

All fantastic entries for a fantastic artist.

Andy Lambert