Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

And The Complete Nemesis athe Warlock volume 1 is set for a reprint in January as well. Nice!

Spikes

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 24 November, 2015, 12:55:21 PM
We all knew it was imminent...

Judge Dredd: Titan

No real surprise, as you say, but great that it's being announced.
And seconded for a HC release. Would be nice.

Be nice if Tharg could organise a signing for it as well....

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 24 November, 2015, 08:53:40 PM
And The Complete Nemesis athe Warlock volume 1 is set for a reprint in January as well. Nice!
On what paper, I wonder. The same as before, or the newer, lovelier, whiter stock?

vark

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 November, 2015, 11:15:09 PM
On what paper, I wonder. The same as before, or the newer, lovelier, whiter stock?
I second this question. Any added coloured material (for the cover gallery for example)?
This is the second print right?

Molch-R

Quote from: vark on 26 November, 2015, 07:57:30 AM
I second this question. Any added coloured material (for the cover gallery for example)?

Sorry, this is just a reprint rather than a reissue so will be exactly the same as the previous volume.

Max Headroom

Talking of 'reissues' - could we have one of 'Slaine: Demon Killer' with correct printing of 'Cauldron of Blood' (Dice Man 1) - just to keep things nice and tidy?

(Wouldn't mind seeing the two other Slaine Gaming Book strips also re-printed somewhere along the line!)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 September, 2015, 12:24:32 PM
Amazon UK link:

Planet of the Damned & Death Planet

Beyond the Bermuda Triangle lies a world so hostile to human beings that those stranded there know it as 'The Planet Of the Damned!' When a Tri-Star jet crashes on this treacherous world, the survivors find themselves being relentlessly attacked by all forms native flora and fauna, including the monstrous Ab-humans. Fortunately they are discovered by Flint - another human resident stranded on this world long ago. With their axe-wielding guide in taking charge, some of the survivors may just find a way to return home alive! It's the 23rd century and the starship Eternity sets out from Earth carrying a cargo of colonists bound for new lives on distant worlds. When the ship is knocked off course, crashing on an unknown alien planet, Commander Lorna Varn and colonist leader Richard Cory must set aside their differences and work together to keep everyone alive.

Cover now up on Amazon UK.  I like the way they've done this.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 September, 2015, 12:28:40 PM
Amazon UK link:

Goldtiger (Antonio Barreti's Goldtiger)
Paperback, 10th March 2016, 128 pages

THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE 60s GREATEST UNSEEN COMIC Of all the Sixties newspaper strips one of the most discussed yet rarely read has to be Antonio Barreti and Louis Shaeffer's answer to MODESTY BLAISE: GOLDTIGER. Uncollected until today, this astonishing book lifts the lid on comics' most unsung creation and also reveals its incredible connection to British Comics Icon and the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, 2000 AD! REALLY? HOW STRANGE... I KNOW A LOT ABOUT COMICS BUT I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE Working with Shaeffer, a writer entrenched in the world of crime and sci-fi pulp magazines, Barreti produced the first serial in its entirety. Unfortunately the strip was deemed too sensational (not least because both of its main characters were openly homosexual) and publication was cancelled. This caused a mental breakdown for the artist. Not one to let insanity hold him back, Barreti continued to produce GOLDTIGER strips, with Shaeffer posting the artist his scripts. IT'S ALMOST AS IF YOU INVENTED THE WHOLE THING AND EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID WAS A PACK OF LIES. Louis Shaeffer is believed to have died off the coast of Corfu in 1972 and, after his release from care, Barreti vanished altogether. At least the majority of their work remains, perhaps in time to gain a whole new audience. Using extensive restoration techniques and after many years of scouring the archives, GOLDTIGER is ready to be presented again, complete from the very beginning, starting with their debut adventure THE POSEIDON COMPLEX. GOLDTIGER NEVER REALLY EXISTED AT ALL DID IT? If it didn't before, it does now. This first volume of collected strips is a lavish affair, combining the full debut adventure with 'behind the scenes' material: letters, scripts, interviews, sketches... all documenting the creation of the strip and the outlandish lives of its creators and their unbelievable brush with 2000 AD.

Cover now up on Amazon UK:
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Greysuit: The Monarch Dossier - Paperback, 13th September 2016, 272 pages.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 August, 2015, 10:21:48 AM
Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Judge Dredd: Casefiles 26

Paperback, 14th January 2016, 320 pages.

Mega-City One - a nightmarish enclosure located along the Eastern Seaboard of North America. Only the Judges - powerful law enforcers supporting the despotic Justice Department - can stop total anarchy running rife on the crime-ridden streets. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd - he is the law and these are his stories...

After a pack of vicious Dune Sharks attack Mega-City One, Judge Dredd sets out into the Cursed Earth with a group of cadets, intent on finding where the alien fish fiends have come from, so he can wipe them out once and for all! Meanwhile in another classic adventure from the pages of the Judge Dredd Megazine, Dredd teams up with the celebrity freelance exorcist, Devlin Waugh, to battle Kigishu the evil sorcerer on the plains of Pan-Africa...

Cover now up at Amazon UK:

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 August, 2015, 10:21:48 AM
And now back to Bob in the studio.

What the man said.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

Some great covers there, although the shift in colouring style on Greysuit jars a bit.

vark

Quote from: Molch-R on 26 November, 2015, 10:19:41 AM
Quote from: vark on 26 November, 2015, 07:57:30 AM

Sorry, this is just a reprint rather than a reissue so will be exactly the same as the previous volume.
Thanks for the reply

Bolt-01

Whereas i think the Greysuit cover looks great. The change in styles is really effective to my eyes.

Fungus

Yeah - that Greysuit cover is really striking and works well. White backgrounds do seem to stand out.
272 pgs is a hefty volume, could read a lot (as opposed to a bit) better collected.