Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

I Saw bon jovi last month at the F1 in Singapore,
they where CRAP!!!!!

forgot the basic rules of this stage of a large career over prolonged period of time.
SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS.
90 minute set, 6 of their high selling hits, and the rest the new album, giutar solos, and nonsense,
very disappointing.

BUT ELTON JOHN is in town December 1st so its a great day of the board advent calendar and great showmanship for me that day. (seen him several times always good)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Minkyboy

Hayseed Dixies last night. I was worried they were going to be a 'one joke worn too thin' type of band but they were great, very entertaining!

Bellowhead farewell tour next month.  :'(

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

sheridan

I'm off to the (new) 12 Bar in Holloway Road soon to see The Mighty Bard, Witching Season, Godsticks and Without a Third (except I'll probably miss one or two of those bands as I've already had a busy day and need to get enough energy to stand up and go to the gig).

ThryllSeekyr

Iron-Maiden

Black-Sabbath

Who may both may be the very same band with different lead singers are touring next year or late this year, but in my country next year.

I thought it was Bruce ( Who walked up to me on Bondi beach one morning just ten yrs ago and poked me in the chest with ten dollar note saying in a strong German accent....

Get your self a meal...

Maybe another delusion of mine.

Now is my chance to pay him back by getting ticket to see his and Ozzy's show.

That may come to half a grand.

Not that I listen to a lot of their music personally, I still know they may be two of the greatest Heavy Metal bands from the U.K. and it would be folly to miss them on that one small detail.

Seriously, the only music of they'rs I remember liking is Crazy-Train and think that was when Ozzy went solo....something I recall from the first Ghost-Rider movie while Johhny was doing his famous motorcycle stunt in front of audience in a very large tent. Made me envy his profession with that music blaring in my ears.

BTW, the undead mascot used in a lot of the Iron Maiden cover work belongs in a Slaine comic.

flip-r mk2

Getting ready to head through to Glasgow for Killing Joke at the O2 ABC.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

I, Cosh

Godspeed You! Black Emperor on Thursday night, then Kraftwerk on Friday. Don't really understand what a 3D concert is (or why none of the others I've ever been to qualify) but looking forward to finding out.

Unexpectedly saw Acid Mothers Temple at very short notice last week. In a ramshackle concrete shed on an industrial estate under a railway bridge in the shadow of a football ground. I've seen them a few times before, but this was an absolute corker.
We never really die.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Cosh on 10 November, 2015, 10:21:36 PM
Unexpectedly saw Acid Mothers Temple at very short notice last week. In a ramshackle concrete shed on an industrial estate under a railway bridge in the shadow of a football ground. I've seen them a few times before, but this was an absolute corker.

I love Acid Mothers Temple - they played an entrancing but oddly rather short show in Bristol last year and I'd love to see them again.

This Thursday I will be mostly watching KADAVAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHqF22EQc3A

HORISONT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3hOX56m8GE

and THE SHRINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrbV6QnVZJQ

Three retroheavy bands I got into separately all randomly playing together for like £13 - I've been up for this for months.

Devons Daddy

hide the razor blades!!
Damian Rice on the 29th here in Singapore,

brilliant singer song writing skills,but damn he could be depressing if you not a positive person.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

I, Cosh

I have just bought tickets to see The Cure. On November 4th. 2016.

I don't think I have ever planned anything as far in advance in my life. It seems pretty likely that, even if Bob and myself both make it through the coming year, I'll either lose the tickets or forget all about it by then.
We never really die.

Bolt-01

Stone Roses in June at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester. First proper gig for me in many a year and a trip home to boot!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 22 October, 2015, 05:26:00 AM
I Saw bon jovi last month at the F1 in Singapore,
they where CRAP!!!!!

forgot the basic rules of this stage of a large career over prolonged period of time.
SHUT UP AND PLAY THE HITS.
90 minute set, 6 of their high selling hits, and the rest the new album, giutar solos, and nonsense,
very disappointing.

BUT ELTON JOHN is in town December 1st so its a great day of the board advent calendar and great showmanship for me that day. (seen him several times always good)

Bon Jovi.. haven't heard of them until I changed high schools after year ten. That was in 1986 and as some people might do. My attitude changed from that year onwards after that year. Including music. It was only through long conversations with some Italian during my spare periods, (It's kind of sad to know that my education meant so little to my self and the school, that I had these spare periods where I sit in the library and do nothing of any consequence which is that different from when I am doing a one of my main subjects!) 

They were big in 87....when they possibly broke out into the main stream of music or that may have been the year before.

Thing is, I hadn't been aware of them before he said a lot about them before he said so and then I noticed a lot of girls at school were obsessing over this band as well. A few guys including.... as they were more popular with everybody rather than just girls.

With the smash hit of You Give Love A Bad Name and Living on a Prayer......every body in my home room within my ear shot was talking of their tour and concert at Boodall entertainment centre. Located in a suburb of the same name in northerly direction from the city of Brisbane. I'm just guessing they played there. It's the place to be for a large music gig when ever basket-ball or indoor hockey season hasn't taken too much space their during their seasons.

Any other little known venue or Festival-Hall would have been too small for these guys. Even though, I had seen my favourite band The angels twice at this other place. Nothing wrong with it if you don't mind the antiquity concert halls in  Brisbane (I recall the smell of second hand hemp-leaves...) aside from the The Roxy in the Fortitude-Valley in what pass's for Red-Light-District. This was across the road from a place I use to frequent and sometimes still do

Mind you, I just kept to the Central-Business-District during my latest school years and only on those special occasions. 

So, I enjoyed their music too, but being on little funds in those years. I was happy to be paid five dollars pocket money a week (In those days!) and it's saved unless you spend it at the tuck-shop. Thus, I was never moved buy any of their cassette tapes as I would for other music I really liked.

I have very vivid memory of going to one of my first Ed-For-Leisure camping trips early one morning and in the small mini-bus it's re-petative backing vocalisation that were the most memorable part of Living on a Prayer. I didn't even care about the lyrics, it was just the right noise. Being played on the radio on the way to where ever we went back then and girls. There were girls there, that was nice.

Yet, by the time they did Bad-Medicene I had gotten over their hype and if my only memory of this song's film clip being just black-white. You might want to compare that to the tendency to show this in video games where your avatar is close to death (Or dead if you playing WOW) and I know those earlier songs were black n white as well. Just going by memory here. I'll not even bother to check You-Tube. Yeah, this band was well know for this art-quality back in the day.

In my opinion......

ThryllSeekyr

BTW, also well known for their teased big hair.

Hawkmumbler

Holy fucking shit! Check out the Download 2016 line up, Rammstein plus Motorhead on Friday, Black Sabbath plus Megadeath on Saturday, and Iron Maiden plus Nightwish on Sunday!

Add to that some fudging lovely supporting gigs and i'm down like a crazed fanboy for the whole weekend. Bloody lovely. :D

Jim_Campbell

Missed the Sisters of Mercy earlier in the year due to work commitments. Now the Fields of the Nephilim's Dec 19th date has been moved to the following Monday due to the Shepherd's Bush Empire's roof being unsafe! No way I can make the new date.

Gig tickets refundable... hotel rooms, not. :-(

Bah!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 December, 2015, 07:56:05 PM
Holy fucking shit! Check out the Download 2016 line up, Rammstein plus Motorhead on Friday, Black Sabbath plus Megadeath on Saturday, and Iron Maiden plus Nightwish on Sunday!

Add to that some fudging lovely supporting gigs and i'm down like a crazed fanboy for the whole weekend. Bloody lovely. :D
In contrast there is literally nothing on the Download bill for me this year. Thoroughly disappointed