Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 March, 2016, 12:05:14 PM
[P.S. Molch-R, I don't know where Amazon got their blurbs from but they must've been typed up by the work experience kid: "rotton", "poisions", "canibalised", "the the", "Mega-Cities greatest lawman" and more!  NOT TO MENTION HE SEEMS VERY EXCITED IN PLACES!]
Everyone knows it's spelt Pizzen

Dash Decent

As long as it doesn't mean PJ Maybe is working for 2000AD Publicity, or I could be in big trouble!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: James Stacey on 14 March, 2016, 12:12:46 PM
[P.S. Molch-R, I don't know where Amazon got their blurbs from but they must've been typed up by the work experience kid: "rotton", "poisions", "canibalised", "the the", "Mega-Cities greatest lawman" and more!  NOT TO MENTION HE SEEMS VERY EXCITED IN PLACES!]
Everyone knows it's spelt Pizzen
:lol:

Molch-R

Hmmm, thanks for this - I've had a word with the droid responsible for Amazon listings.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 March, 2016, 12:27:23 PM
As long as it doesn't mean PJ Maybe is working for 2000AD Publicity, or I could be in big trouble!

I'm already destroying 2000 AD from within, a lifetime of mass murder isn't that much of a step...

sheridan

Quote from: Molch-R on 14 March, 2016, 02:18:56 PM

Hmmm, thanks for this - I've had a word with the droid responsible for Amazon listings.
Well, Mek-Quake needs the work...

Dash Decent

Now up for order elsewhere, this!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Now listed for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Fink Angel: Legacy - Paperback, 160 pages, 11th October 2016.

From the world of Judge Dredd, comes the story of Fink Angel, the most rotten son in the Angel Gang!

A new story set in the Cursed Earth, following the Summer 2016 release of the long-awaited Judge Dredd: The Complete Cursed Earth, bringing readers bang up to date!

THE EVIL IS PASSED ON FROM FATHER TO SON!
The Angel gang are the meanest, most deranged villains ever to come out of the Cursed Earth. An all-male family of psychopathic cannibal hillbillies, the gang comprised of Pa, the patriarchal leader, and his sons Link, Junior and Mean. Mega-City One's greatest lawman Judge Dredd thought that he had seen the last of the Angels after his epic quest to find the Judge Child. And then he encountered the Fink, eldest sibling of the clan, whose speciality and passion in life involved him creating deadly poisonous concoctions to use on his poor victims.

The latest member of the Angel gang is Ratfink, a Cursed Earth-dwelling fiend who preys on passing helltrekkers. Just like his father Fink Angel, Ratfink has a love of poisons, rodents and mayhem.

Features art from the incredible talents of Mick McMahon, Carlos Ezquerra, Peter Doherty, & Tiernen Trevallion

The 2000 AD Script Book -  Paperback, 192 pages, 9th November 2016.
By Pat Mills, John Wagner, Peter Milligan, Al Ewing, Rob Williams, Dan Abnett, Emma Beeby, Gordon Rennie, Ian Edginton, Alan Grant, Leah Moore, John Reppion, John Smith, Simon Spurrier, & Kek-W.

Original scripts and the accompanying final art from the leading comics writers from the annals of the world famous 2000 AD comic.

FROM THE MINDS OF THE MEGA-MASTERS
For the first time Rebellion presents an astonishing and insightful collection of "2000 AD" scripts, written by some of the most successful and critically lauded talent behind the Galaxy's Greatest Comic . Featuring original script drafts and the final published artwork for comparison, this is a must-have for fans of "2000 AD" and is an essential purchase for anyone interested in writing comics.

The Complete Scarlet Traces Vol. 1 - Hardcover, 176 pages,17th January 2017.

The celebrated comic book sequels to H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" in a brand new omnibus edition.

The ground-breaking series from Ian Edginton and D'Israeli is collected in this the first of two volumes. Starting with their visionary adaptation of the original novel, the collection also includes the first of three sequel stories set a decade after the Martian invasion. Great Britain has cannibalised Martian technology and now Hansom cabs scuttle along on multi-limbed crab legs, and the Martian heat-ray has become the weapon with which the British Empire dominates the world. When the bodies of several young women are found washed up on the banks of the Thames Captain Robert Autumn, retired solider and adventurer, and his former Sergeant-Major Archie Currie are drawn into a mystery that leads them from gin palaces to the corridors of power and the very Hall of the Martian King.

And now back to Bob in the studio.

Cover for the script book.

[P.S. Molch-R, FYI the Amazon listings still have all those errors, including references to '2000 Ad', full stops hanging out with spaces before them, etc.]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 March, 2016, 03:42:11 AM
By Pat Mills, John Wagner, Peter Milligan, Al Ewing, Rob Williams, Dan Abnett, Emma Beeby, Gordon Rennie, Ian Edginton, Alan Grant, Leah Moore, John Reppion, John Smith, Simon Spurrier, & Kek-W.

Original scripts and the accompanying final art from the leading comics writers from the annals of the world famous 2000 AD comic.

For the first time Rebellion presents an astonishing and insightful collection of "2000 AD" scripts, written by some of the most successful and critically lauded talent behind the Galaxy's Greatest Comic . Featuring original script drafts and the final published artwork for comparison, this is a must-have for fans of "2000 AD" and is an essential purchase for anyone interested in writing comics.

Now I like the look of that!

Hawkmumbler

Yes, thats an essential purchase!

Dash Decent

Steve MacManus's mighty tome is now up for pre-order at Amazon UK: The Mighty One - Paperback, 8th September 2016.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

vark

Hi everybody
Perhaps it is discussed elsewhere, but I can't seem to see where the new Flesh and Harlem Heroes "next Month" reprints (as advertised in the 16th March 2000 AD thrill mail) are available for preorder.

Dash Decent

Fink Angel: Legacy - Paperback, 160 pages, 11th October 2016.

From the world of Judge Dredd, comes the story of Fink Angel, the most rotten son in the Angel Gang!

A new story set in the Cursed Earth, following the Summer 2016 release of the long-awaited Judge Dredd: The Complete Cursed Earth, bringing readers bang up to date!

THE EVIL IS PASSED ON FROM FATHER TO SON!
The Angel gang are the meanest, most deranged villains ever to come out of the Cursed Earth. An all-male family of psychopathic cannibal hillbillies, the gang comprised of Pa, the patriarchal leader, and his sons Link, Junior and Mean. Mega-City One's greatest lawman Judge Dredd thought that he had seen the last of the Angels after his epic quest to find the Judge Child. And then he encountered the Fink, eldest sibling of the clan, whose speciality and passion in life involved him creating deadly poisonous concoctions to use on his poor victims.

The latest member of the Angel gang is Ratfink, a Cursed Earth-dwelling fiend who preys on passing helltrekkers. Just like his father Fink Angel, Ratfink has a love of poisons, rodents and mayhem.

Features art from the incredible talents of Mick McMahon, Carlos Ezquerra, Peter Doherty, & Tiernen Trevallion

Cover.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 March, 2016, 03:42:11 AM

New cover - with the short-lived rectangular logo retconned out of existence (and wasn't there another hovering display, perhaps even referring to a Mr Feet Smells of this parish?).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 29 March, 2016, 11:49:23 AM
New cover

FYI I'm led to believe that this is a temporary placeholder cover.

Dash Decent

I like it, except for the absence of the "red badge" 2000AD logo at the top.

I also like seeing draft covers, so will look forward to seeing what we get next.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll