Main Menu

Against the Wishes of My Older Brother....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 12 March, 2016, 04:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Satanist

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 14 March, 2016, 04:46:29 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 14 March, 2016, 04:35:41 PM
I liked it better when I was a just a "breeder". Cishet is my new word for today so at least I got something out this.
TBH, Satanist, it only really applies to cis folk who believe "She-Male" is not discriminatory. Or take pleasure in being transphobic nob heads.

As I only learned the word an hour ago and had to google l thought cishit is a dickhead and cishet is me (as in straight who identifies with the sex
I was born into) or are both insult? Genuine question btw
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

Cishit is really just used as an in joke amongst LGBT+ web based social media. A meme of sorts, but can be used to describe certain "cisgender" individuals with strong homophobic, transphobic and biphobic tendencies. Donald Trump, for example. Or Vlad "The Impaler" Putin.

Ghost MacRoth

I also had to look it up, and it appears (I am prepared to stand corrected) to be the latter.  Odd, considering the tolerance sought apparently doesn't extend to anyone who doesn't share this same view....who then get lumped under a generic term and classification.  But as I say, I am prepared to be informed more on this...as an hour or so of knowledge is unlikely to cover the whole thing eh? ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Spikes

Just a thought; Whilst he doesn't do himself much favours at times, I wonder if Thyrllseekyr is being bullied on this, and other threads?

Mmmmm....

Ghost MacRoth

Saying dumb shit and being called on it??  I'd say it's more an attempt at education than bullying.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Spikes

An education, then. With some relish thrown in.

Ghost MacRoth

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 March, 2016, 07:09:22 PM
Saying dumb shit and being called on it??  I'd say it's more an attempt at education than bullying.

Well, I don't feel educated, but I remind you I have caved in to their (& your) pressure & haven't been using those Bad words around them. However dumb it sounds to tip toe like this for those reasons.

I've ben cautioned/banned from Chat rooms up to month for this. It still makes me angry that such a small slight getting that much recognition. It's like they have to have a abnormal amount of respect for their life choices and other people don't bother with this.

It could be up to the individual. Surely some of them have more tolerance. Surely, I've been singled out by them (& you's) because they know I should know better & that I'm not prone to saying dumb shit. Like you say.

If we're going be sensitive about all this, then that was harsh thing to say about me and this is all just pissing in the wind. It doesn't mean much when put in perspective. I only wanted to air this as my grievance figuring I might get some moral support, but it's the same bloody shit here.

Like I said, I don't continue to abuse they're mal-adjusted contribution to Grammar. Yet it's still wrong in books.   

TordelBack

TS, if you could prevent someone becoming hurt or upset by moderating your language, why wouldn't you do it?  You don't even really need to understand why people take offence, just accept that they do, that it's real for them.  It's a tiny thing. You obviously don't like feeling picked-on over this (and I don't blame you for that), well that's not very far from the same thing. Nobody likes feeling picked-on, and when you're in a minority struggling for acceptance it's worse.

Often it is necessary or unavoiable to offend or upset people, when you're challenging views or behaviours, for example. There is no right to freedom from offense.  But to do it just because you don't see why you should stop is just unpleasant.

Hawkmumbler

It's times like this where i'm grateful for two things. Black coffee. And the fact i'm on a forum where someone like Tordels can vent my exact stance in a far less rude and self rightous manner than myself.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 March, 2016, 12:34:03 AM
I only wanted to air this as my grievance figuring I might get some moral support, but it's the same bloody shit here.

Translation: "Everyone is wrong except me."

You realise there's another explanation for the you/everyone else split, right?

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

I think it might be an idea to bring this thread to a close. Please do not restart the same discussion elsewhere on the board, thanks.