Main Menu

Prog 1807 - We love Gavin Leahy!

Started by Pete Wells, 27 October, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 November, 2012, 06:21:46 AM
Quote from: elspurioso on 01 November, 2012, 06:09:19 PM

As your three loyal script-droids said in a recently-conducted interview about all this (behind-the-scenesery is coming - keep an eye out), We Got Drunk And Thought It Would Be Funny.

Very much looking forward to that one. Congratulations to all for such a magnificent and hopefully not too horrible job.

Two-part interview coming later this month on CBR!

Frank

That D'Israeli two page spread of Lunar-2 is my favourite double page since Necropolis. It looks great digitally, but I had a squint at the print version the other day and it looks just as good on the oddly shiny and brittle paper they print the prog on these days too. Brooker's art is easily my favourite of all the strips running at the moment. The boy's come a long way since Fatal Charm.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

The original page featuring the Gavin Leahy Block, sent to me earlier this week by Henry Flint.

COMMANDO FORCES

Frank

And now I'm wishing the comic was still printed in black and white. Congratulations on both the namecheck and the acquisition of that page Gavin Leahy Block, but I can't help thinking Tharg's droids have hit on a great way to supplement their incomes. What's the betting the climax of The Cold Deck sees Judges Dredd and Jack ride into Fatboydale Block to arrest a villain called Ming? Can you imagine the bidding (block)war over that page?

Gavin_Leahy_Block

A bidding war over a block name. Ya, that would never happen. :/

Spikes

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 10 November, 2012, 06:54:22 PM
The original page featuring the Gavin Leahy Block, sent to me earlier this week by Henry Flint.

Ahh, nice one. I did wonder if you'd get the chance to own this page.
Glorious Black 'n' white art from Mr Flint, congrats!

Quote from: sauchie on 10 November, 2012, 07:10:38 PM
What's the betting the climax of The Cold Deck sees Judges Dredd and Jack ride into Fatboydale Block to arrest a villain called Ming? Can you imagine the bidding (block)war over that page?

:lol:

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Thanks, guys. I have only seen a few of Mr Flint pages, as I believe he doesn't sell them that often, but his work is incredible.
No offence intended to, Chris Blythe, but like Sauchie, I sometimes wish the comic was still printed in black and white. Which it isn't too far off at the moment.