Main Menu

Collecting quirks

Started by Trout, 18 November, 2012, 01:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Ah, good stuff!

I probably had some of those, but i cant bring forth any real recollection. There was similar WWII ones released in the mid-70's by 'Uncle Remus(?)' that i was totally hooked on.

SuperSurfer

I am no completist but my collecting quirk is that I have never got rid of any comic I ever bought.

The older the comic, the tattier, the better. I like the look of yellowed tatty newsprint comics.

In the past I wished I had the courage to get rid of my Marvel UK black and white comics but I haven't.

Having said all that, a few months ago I bought some old Batman comics from Oxfam which I have read, am not impressed with, so in this case I will break my lifetime habit and donate them back.

Spikes

Saw 'em and pounced on 'em and now mine. A new collecting bug?

James Stacey

tread carefully Judge Jack. It's an expensive path is Classic Space

Spikes

Are you a collector of these James?
Ive been watching related bits and bobs on e-bay for a while, and these three came as one set, and was fairly cheap. Though some Lego Space bits are dear, im happy to play the long game and snag bargains.

Used to have no end of these back in the day - late70's/early80's, and i was instantly transported back to that time opening the package today.

Trout

I fear that Lego has me in its grip. My children got some for Christmas and we've had a great time building it together. Also, the minifigures available for £2 in the little bags keep drawing me back. So far, all the Lego is officially owned by the children, but I fear it is only a matter of time before I buy something for myself...

Spikes

JamesC

I've always loved Lego but it really is expensive. I've got loads of stuff back at my parents house and I'm considering buying up some instructions for old sets I remember owning as a kid and transforming the massive bucket of mixed Lego into recognisable sets from the early to mid 1980s.

Like this beast! http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6951-1

SKD

Judge Jack, Supermarine Troutfire.... you are both on a very slippy slope. It may start off as one set (purely for the nostalgic value.) or a gift for the kids (well I had to build it because.... ) But before you know it you're standing in Toys r Us feeling all the bags of the latest 'Collectable minifigures' series trying to find the 'Chicken Suit Guy' 71000, buying the Sun to get the free 'Frodo with cooking corner' 30210 polybag set or driving 20+ miles to spend £50 on Star Wars lego in order to claim a Darth Maul minifig 5000062. The joy you get when you finish building a set fades after a while and you're looking for your next 'fix', something bigger, more whooshable.
Heed my warning, I know this, for I was that man.

P.S. Those Classic Space sets look ace.

P.P.S. Just bought Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin set 9678 and Republic Striker-class Starfighter 9497 for Christmas. Saving up for Jabba's Palace 9516 and Rancor Pit 75005 and Sith Fury-class Interceptor 9500 and...............

Stew.

JamesC

I'm already on the slope. My girlfriend bought me a Lego X-Wing for Christmas and I've already been out and bought a republic star fighter and a desert skiff (they were on special offer).

Trout

JOE SOAP

I love the simplicity of it all, is this how it starts?

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP