Main Menu

Weekly Shonen Jump Weekly update (hopefully)

Started by IronGraham, 05 November, 2013, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Well that's a very specific secret Santa!  :lol:

Dandontdare

Cool, cheers Adventurer!

The label said "Dave Gibbons artwork was a bit expensive, so hope you enjoy this" They know I'm geekilly inclined!

Hawkmumbler

Heh! Death Note's an odd beast, some love it some loath it. Most people have at least read it at some point, so feel free to share your thoughts on it.

Hawkmumbler

Well, that was a fine first issue to kick the year off, though I have my grievances with Black Clover and Bleach right now, everything (bar the usual offender, Nisekoi) is on point right now. If only the Metal Bat chapters of OPM where longer though....

I'd also like to see more titles added to the Jump this year, their was a serious lack of it in 2015, only School Judgement and Black Clover got translated, and I was rather enjoying both Straighten Up! and Buddy Strike...

Hawkmumbler

Theirs no way Horikoshi ISN'T riffing on Liefeldesqu super weapons and 90's god awful designs and name's in early Image comics. The mans a genius, I swear.

The Adventurer

All the knifes and belt buckles.

ALL OF THEM

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Wow, so much intruige in One Piece right now. I never thought i'd like or care about Sanji as much as I do now, hope Oda isn't lining him up as the first casuality of the oncoming war.

And did Horikoshi just up and out[spoiler] murder either Ragdoll, Tokoyami or Tentacle and have them canabolised OFF PANEL?!!!! [/spoiler]

Hawkmumbler

Heh, i'm liking the Cat Viper already. The fact he's just a giant, benevolent [spoiler]Garfield[/spoiler] is very entertaining and clever on Oda's part. Surprised to see Capon make a come back as well, assumed he'd died during the time skip being such a lacky in comparison to his competition.

And holy shit that chapter of My Hero Academia. Midoriya is the best protagonist in the Jump right now and i'll fight anyone who disagrees, heck he probably couldn't do it himself after that fight. Brutal as fuck, wouldn't be surprised if he has to [spoiler]lose that arm.[/spoiler]

Toriko is also pretty great right now, everything seem's to be coming together for end game now.

Hawkmumbler

Oh hey guys, you know that new romcom title about ghosts in hotsprings? Apparently we wont be getting a preview of it in the Viz Jump, for two reasons.

1. It's echi. 'Shudder'

2. It's the same dude who did E-Robot, and we all know how great that was...right? 'Shudder'

IronGraham

This first chapter of a new jump series taster. First wow feels like we haven't had one of these in a long time, second it works as a one-shot but I don't know how you'll stretch the journey maybe add the different Japanese folklore which would be interesting to learn about and finally the art is nice and light except for the demon hunter state of your hair mate.  So optimistic in seeing where this all goes.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Hawkmumbler

I...enjoyed it? It was a good first chapter, and was refreshingly dead pan it's it's delivery of acts of an awful nature, and for a first publication the art is remarkably solid (if wearing it's influence a little too much on it's sleave, certain characters look VERY Kishimoto). I'm intruiged to see where this goes, and heck, with Assassination Classroom ending soon and HunterXHunter still MIA, we could really do with another hit series.

Hawkmumbler

Well Kimetsu no Yaiba has my vote to stay. Certainly has a lot of potnential to go around. This other Jump Star, Bye-Bye Humanity is also intruiging, but more because i'd never heard of it before and not sure why we can't have more. It's part of the Digital Jump + project in Japan, like eIDLIVE and One-Punch Man so it's not because of format that we can't have it...l

Hawkmumbler

Interesting how many Jump titles are apparently in their last stretch right now. Ass Class and Nisekoi wrap up this year, Gintama is apparently going to conclude in the last issue of the Japan Jump (always puzzled me why it was excluded from the Viz Jump) and Toriko finally seem's to have some semblance of calm going on as it heads to inevitable conclusion.

Meanwhile, Bleach continues to reach up it's arse for ideas and HunterXHunter is still AWOL. Thank god for One Piece and My Hero Academia is all I can say! But we seriously need some new steady's going on, because i'm not sure World Trigger, Food Wars! and Black Clover can support the aforementioned on their own.

Hawkmumbler

Hawkmumbler

Oh hey, Battle Tendency vol.4 is out digitally! I've only just got my hands on vol.2, but it's great to see these are selling so well, each new volume always breaks into the NYT top 10,, which is pretty sweet!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JoJos-Bizarre-Adventure-2-Battle-Tendency/dp/1421578859/ref=pd_sim_14_16?ie=UTF8&dpID=5153kt6L2sL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR108%2C160_&refRID=1VZECN2RJAG3EB5XVHA6