Main Menu

Crossed +100 #7 Welcomes Simon Spurrier

Started by Proudhuff, 22 June, 2015, 01:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

So it looks like Mr Moore has left the and building, fair enough,  and our old chum Si is filling his boots, anyone know more about this?
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

As I recall when Crossed +100 was first launched it was only ever intended as a Moore six part mini (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/18/alan-moore-reveals-the-future-in-crossed-100-what-would-we-look-like-through-their-eyes/).

You'd guess its gone down well and so Avatar has decided to keep it ongoing and it would seem Alan Moore picked Si Spurrier to take over the reins and gave him copious notes as to how (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/13/simon-spurrier-picked-by-alan-moore-to-write-an-arc-of-crossed-100/). Though that article does imply that its a temporary thing, but I don't remember reading anything that said it'd changed. Though I could have missed it entirely.

Proudhuff

Si's a great choice (mammal sexing aside) Wish you were here was a good take on the Whole Crossed world. Safe hands.
DDT did a job on me

Big_Dave

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 June, 2015, 02:35:41 PM
Spurrier has hundreds of pages of notes from Alan Moore to work from ...

A few hundred pages of Moore prose describing what he wants to happen next. That should just about cover the first two panels on page one of the next issue.  :lol:

Proudhuff

Anyone spotted issue six or seven?  :( anyone know WTF is going on ....
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 July, 2015, 10:13:03 PM
Anyone spotted issue six or seven?  :( anyone know WTF is going on ....

Issue 6 is out next Wednesday 'huff.

Proudhuff

Cheers Link, picked it up, shocking 'end' :o
DDT did a job on me

vark

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 July, 2015, 08:16:59 PM
Cheers Link, picked it up, shocking 'end' :o
I envy you! Someone on this fantastic site https://theperiodicfable.wordpress.com/annotations-comic-books-alan-moore-only-so-far/crossed-plus-one-hundred-annotations-index/ had guessed the ending big shocker. But, still I have really enjoyed this series from strat to finish. A great work again.

Link Prime

I haven't had the chance to pick up issue 6 from my LCS yet, and probably won't until next week.

I think I may have guessed the twist already, and am itching to find out if I was right; [spoiler]one of the long term settlers (with facial scarring) is actually a "deep cover" conditioned Crossed infectee[/spoiler].

Proudhuff

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 July, 2015, 01:32:45 PM
I haven't had the chance to pick up issue 6 from my LCS yet, and probably won't until next week.

I think I may have guessed the twist already, and am itching to find out if I was right; [spoiler]one of the long term settlers (with facial scarring) is actually a "deep cover" conditioned Crossed infectee[/spoiler].

Aye.
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 July, 2015, 01:40:14 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 17 July, 2015, 01:32:45 PM

Aye.

And so it was.
Managed to pick it up today- damn good comic.

Link Prime

Just skimmed Decembers solicitations from Avatar.
Si Spurrier will be staying on as writer of Crossed +100 for the 3rd arc of the series (issue 13), art is by Rafa Ortiz for this arc.
Has me wondering; will Moore ever return to the series, or is it in Si's (capable) hands for good?

Anyone else read issue 8?
Probably my favorite issue yet. An ingenious extrapolation of the 'conditioned Crossed' concept; [spoiler]setting up human farms[/spoiler].

Proudhuff

I'm in two minds over continuing to get this, my feeling is it could turn into a neverending series with more and more contrived shocks, or it might just be I'm a grumpy old bar steward...
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 September, 2015, 02:22:34 PM
I'm in two minds over continuing to get this, my feeling is it could turn into a neverending series with more and more contrived shocks

Keep reading til you stop enjoying it is my policy!

Link Prime

Anyone still reading this?

I ploughed on through the 2nd arc, partially because my palate seems to have a taste for this particular mix of extreme post apocalyptic horror, but mainly because I really enjoyed Spurrier's continuation of this (Moore's) world.

I've just started the 3rd arc (issue 13, still by Spurrier).
A bold move to have another time jump of several years. I really thought I had the direction of the story nailed down in my head, but perhaps not. Which can only be a good thing.

My only gripe is that the artwork has become a little patchy in the last few issues.
Original series artist Gabriel Andrade is missed.