Main Menu

Comics you are excited about in 2016

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 August, 2015, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 21 January, 2016, 11:02:12 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 19 November, 2015, 08:57:01 PM
Sooo this isn't so much that I'm excited BUT whether I should be excited. See Mike Baron's Badger is coming back in February. Now I've never read any Badger but I've read Nexus and like what I see of him there and have enjoyed the majority of what I've read by Mike Baron.... so can anyone recommend Badger to me and should I be excited about its return?
Welp, having just devoured as much Nexus as I could lay my hands on I too am eager to check out Badger.

Me too! I'm currently working my way through The Nexus Omnibus vols 1-6 (with 7 on pre-order) and Badger is a great character

Colin YNWA

Hold on is that 4th volume of Johnny Red really happening its been yo-yoing in and out for quite some time now?

Glad we seem to be getting more Battle, seems the Ennis tag did the job?

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 January, 2016, 09:16:12 PM
Hold on is that 4th volume of Johnny Red really happening its been yo-yoing in and out for quite some time now?

They are both in the Titan solicitations in the April 2016 Previews so fingers crossed eh?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 24 January, 2016, 09:19:08 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 January, 2016, 09:16:12 PM

They are both in the Titan solicitations in the April 2016 Previews so fingers crossed eh?

GET - IN!

Hawkmumbler

Ditto! The more Battle on my shelf the better!

Hawkmumbler

Passingly intersted in the upcoming Street Fighter/G I Joe crossover event, but might end up trade waiting it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-capcom-announces-street-fighter-gi-joe-crossover-comic

Hawkmumbler

Tombo

There's a new English-language version of the Nikopol Trilogy coming on April 12th.  This is a series I've been curious about ever since I saw a few panels on the old documentary "Comics Confidential" years (decades?) ago.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Tombo on 23 February, 2016, 07:29:52 PM
There's a new English-language version of the Nikopol Trilogy coming on April 12th.  This is a series I've been curious about ever since I saw a few panels on the old documentary "Comics Confidential" years (decades?) ago.

Picked it up when DC/Humanoids released it 10-ish years ago. It's a strange, existentialist slice of comics, so your milage may vary. Bilal's art changes to his modern style through the series as well.

Ancient Otter

Dark Horse are going to release a collection of Italian book Ranxerox this year. I always hear about great this is but it does sound a bit dodgy in some ways...

Colin YNWA

I've got some of the older editions of this I bought ay UKCAC however many years ago and while its very good there is no denying there's a sexual relationship between the two leds, one of whom appears to be a child, though as I recall it tries to make clear is of consenting age. I was pretty uncomfortable with this but then I've also read Lolita and its a very good book. I got the fear when I was about to sell these on eBay (they didn't show up often) as I had visions of it turning into one of those 'comic pervert' sells paedo book.

So yeah go in with your eyes open but might be worth reading this before making any decisions if your not sure.

http://www.pigtailsinpaint.com/2014/11/ranxerox-an-idea-whose-time-has-gone/

Hawkmumbler

Oh! I've never heard of this, lets take a loooooooo......oke. Yeah, she does look kinda...young. And i'm not entirely comfortable with all the touchy touchy......'ahem'.

Well the art looks nice!

SuperSurfer

I remember RanXerox on the shelves in FP on Denmark street and I recall the change in name from Rank Xerox.

Think I might have an episode in an issue of the now defunct Spanish language anthology comic El VĂ­bora.

Ancient Otter

Yeah, I think I'll pass on Ranxerox...

Hawkmumbler

Well I know nothing about Gotham Academy (other than it looks cute) but I fuckin' love Lumberjanes so it looks like I'll be buying this!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/lumberjanes-gotham-academy-meet-crossover-miniseries