Main Menu

DC 'revamps' Hanna Barbera cartoons with top line comics creators

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 January, 2016, 07:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Sorry Adventurer! But as a child myself I found the comedy of The Flintstones rather twee and the annoying laugh track even worse! I'll agree with you on The Jetsons though, despite being more or less the same show it was markedly more entertaining and 'polished'.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 February, 2016, 04:21:06 PM

I'll let you into a secret. Sometimes I just type the first thing that comes into my head without really stopping to think about it.

You suggesting there's another way then?

Satanist

I showed that picture of Scooby Doo to my sons last night and only said "do you want to see the new Scooby Doo comic" just to see how they reacted.

My 7 year old who is a MASSIVE fan was actually disgusted and demanded to know "Who did that and why?".

My 10 year old asked "why do they have guns?".

Both valid question.

The more I read about these the less I understand who its aimed at. Current or nostalgic fans will just be upset its not what they liked and I don't see how it will tempt in folk that didn't care in the first place.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Skullmo

Surely who it is aimed at doesnt matter. It will get a lot of publicity and they will get a spike in sales. Later when the hype is gone they will change it back, relaunch or cancel it. Or announce a major death in Scooby Doo coming soon.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Satanist

A spike in sales from who? The morbidly curious. Although saying that I did buy the All Star Batman for that exact reason.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Skullmo

I guess so - look at Heroes Reborn, I can't believe anyone actually wanted that.
It's a joke. I was joking.