Main Menu

superboy

Started by Grugz, 04 February, 2016, 08:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

a random memory popped in my head today...was there ever a superboy comic where hes a robot existing at the same time as superman?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Professor Bear

Golden/Silver Age Superboy had "Superboy robots" he kept hidden in a basement under the Kent farm, and there was a story (can't remember the issue number) where one of the Superboy robots woke up years later and went about doing what it used to do: only in secret because it knew that if Superman ever found out, he'd destroy the robot.  He does, and he does.  Because Silver Age Superman was occasionally a complete asshole.
It was a Superman comic, though, not a Superboy one, and was definitely reprinted in one of those "Greatest Superman Comics" collections DC used to bring out every so often.

amines2058

Wasn't there a robotic superboy created during the Death of Superman saga? I will have to google to check as my memory isn't what it used to be.  :-[

EDIT - Wikipedia tells me that there was a Cyborg Superman (Man of Tomorrow) that appeared as one of the Superman who all arise  after the fall of the original Superman??

Professor Bear

The Superboy that showed up during the Death of Superman storyline was a Cadmus-created clone of Superman and Lex Luthor - no, I don't know how that works, either.  Probably a robot mixed their jizz in a cup.

Cyborg Superman was a red herring during Death of Superman - you were supposed to think it was a zombie Superman, but it was really a supervillain no-one had seen before (he had actually shown up in Superman comics once, but as a completely different character called Hank Henshaw).

Hawkmumbler

And people wonder why DC comics are hard to get into with continuity debates like this! :lol: