Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

That sounds seriously like the left hand and right hand don't know what they're doing.  Worth calling them on that.  It's also worth bearing in mind that they're good at bluster but will back off from 'awkward parents'.  School seniors management will never take on parents they don't think will roll over.   Stand your ground and get them to cite where your nipper is not making the progress she should be.  If they do mention anything then get them to detail what needs to be done to address it.  Most importantly, be reasonable.  They can't cope with that at all.  They expect stroppy but get thrown by calm and cooperative.

On the mother in law front you have my sympathies.  If she is anything like my mother in law then it must be truly heart wrenching.  Here's hoping for a turn for the better.

Grugz

cheers, mum in law is brilliant, i'm closer to her than me own. school will find me not backing down,i left a lot alone in yr 6 just not to give them an excuse to take it out on my lass.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Bolt-01

Resaonableness and knowing your facts will get you much further than confrontation with schools.

Grugz

oh i know bolt, i'll be as charming as owt , but I just wont accept their dishing out of penalties.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Trent

Was in a car crash with my wife and son yesterdsy. Not his fault at all and they are both okay.
I was in the back and took the brunt of it - they had to cut the roof off to get me out.
Anyway, broken arm, hip and ribs so I'm in Predton for at least a couple of weeks.
Not quite the Christmas I had planned......

Fungus

Good grief, that's an ordeal... sorry to hear that Trent. Hope you're recovered soon.

Dandontdare

The injuries are nothing compared to the horror that is being trapped in Preston for two weeks!  :o

Al the best Trent, get well soon.

TordelBack

Feck that Trent, that's all you need. Glad your loved ones were okay, but sorry to hear you got such a whack. Hope they're treating you well there.

The Legendary Shark

Bloody Hell, Trent, sorry to hear about your injuries but glad it wasn't worse. All the best wishes for a swift recovery.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trent

On the plus side, my wife turned up with the Christmas prog.

Spikes

Quote from: Trent on 09 December, 2016, 04:19:15 PM
On the plus side, my wife turned up with the Christmas prog.

That's the spirit!  :D

But yikes...
Sorry to hear this news, and I wish you a swift recovery.

Mardroid

That's a nasty thing to happen Trent. I hope you're recovering okay. You seem to have the right attitude anyway. I'm glad things were not worse. All the best.

JayzusB.Christ

Ooh, nasty. Still, could have been a whole lot worse. Get well soon, lad
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

Sorry to hear that Trent.  Very glad you came through the it.   Good luck in your recovery.

von Boom

Very sorry to hear about your accident Trent. Hope you have a speedy recovery.