Main Menu

yoincks! followed closely by bah!

Started by judgefloyd, 20 April, 2013, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Yoinks :  I have a week off work..

BAHHH :  The missus threw her back out on Saturday so my week will be totally different to the one I had planned for myself.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tombo

Bah! - Dad's solicitors sent a letter saying that the firm operating the bus which was involved in an accident whilst he was on it last year (minor injuries thankfully, despite been just a metre away from where wagon hit the bus), is rejecting his claim since "there is no proof he was on the bus in question".

Yoinks! - He kept the bus ticket which clearly shows his concession pass number, and I've just got a new scanner/printer which I've been itching to put to good use.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tombo on 27 April, 2013, 12:06:47 PM
Yoinks! - He kept the bus ticket which clearly shows his concession pass number, and I've just got a new scanner/printer which I've been itching to put to good use.

How I love that feeling:  "But no-no-no m'sieur, shuffling documents about to your shareholders' best advantage may be your sole function, but a quick glance reveals that my mound of paper is considerably bigger than yours''. 

One of my favourite aspects of my former employed existence was ending aggravating rows over invoices and authorisation with an evening spent faxing page after of my obsessively extensive handwritten site notebooks and treble-signed manual timesheets, which my opponent client's dedicated bureaucrat never seemed to have bothered to maintain.  Bwah-hah-hah-hah.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Tombo on 27 April, 2013, 12:06:47 PM
Bah! - Dad's solicitors sent a letter saying that the firm operating the bus which was involved in an accident whilst he was on it last year (minor injuries thankfully, despite been just a metre away from where wagon hit the bus), is rejecting his claim since "there is no proof he was on the bus in question".

lots of buses have CCTV installed now. If this company questions the validity of the ticket it is your legal right to request copies of any recording you appear on. Just a suggestion if you require further evidence.

Tombo

Yeah I've mentioned CCTV footage to dad, a copy of the ticket will show our solicitors exactly when and where dad boarded the bus so it would be quite easy to find the footage.

Tiplodocus

Yoinks - tickets booked for Iron Man 3 (3d) on Friday. Family outing.

Bah - Sixty quid! And that's cheap compared to that London.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

U.S.S.R

Small compared to other peoples stuff, such as avoiding Chinese authorities!, but

YOINKS: Finding a £10 note on your bedroom floor

BAH: Proceeding to place new found wealth in wallet only to realise that the £10 had fallen out of your pocket a day previous.

Ah well at least I broke even
Gays into the Fist of Dredd!

Dandontdare

Yoinks - Fimbulwinter is over and it's a bank holiday weekend .... and I'm coming down with a stinking cold. Bah!

Link Prime

Yoincks: Day off work! (It's a public holiday in Germany & France, our main export customers).
Bah 1: Can't go anywhere cause my car is in getting fixed after a feline collision last night.
Bah 2: Even if I could go anywhere the weathers gone from Mediterranean blue skies to, well, Ireland.

I, Cosh

Yoincks: had a great fortieth birthday party last Saturday.
Bah: can't really remember too much about it.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Yoincks: Gave Cosh the best night of his life!

Bah: He can't really remember too much about it.
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 May, 2013, 12:39:19 PM

Yoincks: Gave Cosh the best night of his life!

This is an all ages forum, keep the oul lad deviance for Facebook, eh chaps?

Banners

Yoincks: There are six copies of the yet-to-be-published Case Files #20, signed by Ron Smith, up for grabs on the 2000 AD and Facebook Twitter accounts all this week - plus other signed goodies!

Bah: I'm not on Facebook nor Twitter.

TordelBack

Yoincks: my brother is bringing my niece and my shiny new nephew over from Oz tomorrow for a holiday, my kids are bouncing off the walls in anticipation of their only cousins, and I get to be a godfather for the first time!

Bah: I was awoken this morning by the most comprehensively-covered chicken pox faces I've ever seen.

Mardroid

Yoinks!: I attended the latest (and my first) Dimension Jump Red Dwarf convention in Birmingham last weekend. A nice time overall and I came home with goodies and autographs.

Double Yoinks: I come home to find Judge Minty is on Youtube. And it was rather good.

Bah!:  First day back at work last Tuesday (one of the busiest days of the week at our college) and I ended up manning the reception desk alone. (There's usually two administrators at a time.) To be fair, it wasn't really the fault of the person who usually works with me that day as she is going through some stuff, (her 'bah!' is far greater than mine right now. I feel a bit bad even moaning about it) but usually if one person is away the other will take their shift.

Unfortunately she had been expected back that day after a week off and the changes were all rather last minute. It was too short notice for the other to change her plans so I guess it was just one of those things. In the end the day wasn't too stressful at all, but it was an irritating thing to return to after the fun. It felt like "you had Friday off, now you get to make up for it." That, and I didn't pack any lunch that day expecting I would be able to pop out to the bakery... but that would mean leaving the desk unmanned...

Small issues overall and I'm still a 'yoinks!' up on the 'bahs!'.