Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

hippynumber1

Upper starboard mandible details and test fit. I've got to do this all over again for the port mandible now...

sheridan

hippynumber1

It seems like forever since I last posted anything here; I thought I'd leave it until the port mandible was completed, rather than post very similar pictures over several weeks...

hippynumber1

hippynumber1

Ventral gun-well (that's the 'belly-gun' to the likes of me) now fitted:

Jim_Campbell

Twenty-two months in and my odd mixture of admiration and envy remains undiminished! Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on this...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

hippynumber1

It's been an absolute pleasure (except for the bits that have been terrifying); I shall miss the old girl when she's done.

Colin YNWA

Not only is this thread one of the great things known to the internet its also very educational.

I've learnt so much, who knew the front sticky out bits of the Millennium Falcon were refered to as 'mandibles'? Now I learnt that that the bottom shootie bit is called the ventral gun-well... though I'm almost sure one of those words is made up!

hippynumber1

Mattofthespurs

As I look at the ever increasing pile of issues and parts awaiting me, this thread is starting to scare me big time!

Krakajac

I'm up to Issue 33 (in Oz).  Thankfully, the build is going well!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 December, 2016, 04:33:01 PM
It's been an absolute pleasure (except for the bits that have been terrifying); I shall miss the old girl when she's done.
How far along is the series now?

hippynumber1

'Adding the interior' is issue 90 of 100. "Almost there... Almost there..."

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 06 December, 2016, 08:30:55 AM
'Adding the interior' is issue 90 of 100. "Almost there... Almost there..."

You'll miss it when its gone...

... mind you'll have a COOL Millennium Falcon to play with, but surely you'll miss it!