Main Menu

Parental Pride

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 20 October, 2016, 09:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

So, a thread for pride in sprogs. Because if you cannot live your live vicariously through your prog, then you damn well can through your children.

My eldest, upon being shown the command prompt (hey, I've just bought a c:\dos run t-shirt) typed in "tree" as a command. And then shat it at the files we had.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

I like children in small doses.

Couldn't eat a whole one.

sheridan

I'm waiting for Rackle to mention Pushka...

Trout

I don't really like Star Wars, but my son, who is nearly seven, is obsessed with it. Thus makes me very proud. Similarly, my daughter has an intense Harry Potter interest. She's 10, and an utter gem. She also likes early Robohunter.

My two little geeks make me proud.

moly

I had a new dredd statue delivered the other day and my wife said another judge dredd statue and my daughter said you can never have enough dredd mommy  :)

Mattofthespurs

My Son, James, has just finished a six weeks course at Trinity College, Cambridge in applied Mathematics. He was invited to attend, for free, because he is in the top 2% in the county. He works very hard at all his subjects despite his main love being playing his Playstation 4. He always does his homework as soon as he gets home without any prompting.
This was his 4th course in the last 3 years (the others being in English, Chemistry and another also in Maths). Not bad for a 12 year old.
So proud of him.  :D

The Enigmatic Dr X

Took my kids to see Mrs Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children. It was good, like a modern Ghostbusters or Gremlins, in the sense that it was supposedly aimed at children but was actually a rollicking good yarn for all (and with a stellar cast).

Anyway, the film features a cross between a slenderman and cthullu; faceless stilt men with egg faces that, when near their prey, have a slit appear in their head from which tentacles emerge. Oh, and the tentacles are used to remove eyes from their prey. They eat eyes.

So, my six year old was a little bit tense seeing a stilt man impale the eye sockets of a character with its mouth tentacles, then eat them.

Next day, his mum asked if he had any bad dreams.

"No," he says. "Well apart from one where a monster chased me with tentacles that wanted to eat my eyes".

"Oh, I hope you weren't scared," says mum.

"No," says the six year old. "I just got a chainsaw and chopped them off."
Lock up your spoons!