Main Menu

Bring Back the Ten Seconders!

Started by The Sherman Kid, 30 May, 2012, 10:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Recently re-read this excellent series and would love to see it return.

It had great characters and wit about it and a very interesting premise.The series did have 'kind of' an ending ,but left so many questions still open that there would be a lots more options to explore.It's always seemed a waste to me that this was so short-lived.Just a nudge to the powers that be - :D

Spaceghost

The first series had some interesting ideas which weren't executed particularly well, didn't do much of interest and ended abruptly.

The second series was a horrible mess.

I wouldn't say no to more because the core concept is a good one, but it'd need a complete overhaul to work well.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Hoagy

How long had Matt Smith been in the editor's seat by then?

Seem's to me there were a few stories  of differing jolts of sub-genre, being Frisbee-d around, before settling on the likes of Azreal and Aquila.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Lee Bates on 30 May, 2012, 10:47:55 AM
The first series had some interesting ideas which weren't executed particularly well, didn't do much of interest and ended abruptly.

The second series was a horrible mess.

I wouldn't say no to more because the core concept is a good one, but it'd need a complete overhaul to work well.

The second series suffered badly from the weak artwork, which at the end was the very definition of sketchy (it looked like the artist had literally run out of time).As you say the core concept is still solid, with a bit of thought and inspiration this could be great.

Dark Jimbo

I also really liked this story on the whole (both series) - certainly a bit different to anything else around at the time, and Rob Williams is always worth reading if only for the banter between characters - but I think it's been too long since the last one to bring it back now, regrettably. Three artists within one series certainly didn't help the last outing, and I was never really a fan of Shaun Thomas' stuff (whoever he turned out to be in the end).
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

I did enjoy it, and found the concept to my liking.
Much preferred the 'Shoulda been in 2000AD' Cla$$war though...

The Sherman Kid

YES!!!!

Prog 1813 announces the return of the Ten Seconders. :D

Keeping a good batting average with Albert Sherman making a brief return after my suggestion.

Bring me the Ruskie back I've requested and I'll have a full house.

You guys at 2000AD ROCK!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D