Main Menu

The Daily Dredds: Vol 1

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 22 September, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

The Daily Dredds: v. 1 (Judge Dredd)Hardcover– 6 Nov 2014

by John Wagner(Author), Alan Grant(Author), Ron Smith(Author)

This just popped up on my Amazon list and this Christmas is gonna be an exceptional one with all the Dredd items coming but this is gonna be so hard to not look at before it's wrapped up and placed under the tree.

The RRP is £30 and here's the official write up from Amazon

Starting 1982 the national newspaper The Daily Star ran a Judge Dredd comic strip written by John Wagner and Alan Grant and illustrated by Ron Smith. It has never been collected in its entirety before. This is a landmark collection.

Gotta put up a Mega Thanks to all those who are involved with searching for those missing pages, which seemed to be hidden all over. From reading the other thread it went right down to the wire with people searching everywhere and asking the whole planet at times. You should all feel proud of helping make this happen.

This is not the final cover but it brightens up the post ;)

By the way, do you honestly think that this is gonna be wrapped up and left under the tree :lol:

James Stacey

8-Ball

I am very glad that it's not the final cover. Daily Dredd's indeed. :o
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

COMMANDO FORCES

But we needed a picture to liven up the words, so I had to use it :-[

glassstanley

The only thing more excitingthan this volume is volume 2, which should be chock-full of unreprinted Wagner/Grant goodness!

Colin YNWA

Intrigued to see how they package this. Given that its hardback my mind has wondered to the rather great job that Titan did with the Alex Raymond Flash Gordon strips they reprinted over the last couple of years (well when they weren't messing up the page order). Now if Rebellion could get the package as nice as that, a page per strip really lets the air breathe, that would be £30 very well spent.

8-Ball

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 September, 2014, 05:03:51 PM
But we needed a picture to liven up the words, so I had to use it :-[

Oh, I adore the picture... makes it more real. Obvious typos drive me nuts. As a wee nipper the Daily Star Dredds were my gateway thrill long before I was ever allowed to get the Prog. I can't exaggerate just how much I am looking forward to this. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Frank

Quote from: 8-Ball on 22 September, 2014, 06:47:56 PM
As a wee nipper the Daily Star Dredds were my gateway thrill long before I was ever allowed to get the Prog

Snap! The Daily Record went on strike for a Summer, and our newsagent substituted the Star in its stead. Gibson Dredd strip, and Kathy Lloyd doing likewise.

mimikeke

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 September, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

This just popped up on my Amazon list and this Christmas is gonna be an exceptional one with all the Dredd items coming but this is gonna be so hard to not look at before it's wrapped up and placed under the tree.

I imagine you know exactly what you are getting each Christmas :p

Fungus

Still remember cutting out those concentrated thrills from the paper and marvelling that the ink stains exceeded even those of the prog. This is not a criticism! I hope the hardback does that... ::)

Spaceghost

Yep, this will be my xmas treat too.

Used to have an old sofcover collection of these strips that I read over and over, but haven't read any in years.

Can't wait.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

COMMANDO FORCES

Is there a link to see the Ron Edition anywhere?

COMMANDO FORCES

Bloody hell, I looked in the shop as well. I'm going blind :o

Cheers by the way :thumbsup: