Main Menu

This is news right? Color Nemesis O'Neill collection...?

Started by blackmocco, 05 February, 2013, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Colin YNWA

Oh my giddy art, if that happens... I wonder what the differences in the two editions will be?

Molch-R

maryanddavid

Shamless pimping time!!
If you havnt read my Comic Archive, One Eyed Jack and the Death of Valiant book, you will have missed me takling to Kevin on how the Nemesis colour series came to be as well as his early career and Mek Memoirs too.
On sale here http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

Karl Stephan

So these collect the Eagle editions. Are these comics included in the (black and white) Complete Nemesis volumes?

Looks amazing in colour btw.

Molch-R

Quote from: Sparkonaut on 05 February, 2013, 06:46:39 PM
So these collect the Eagle editions. Are these comics included in the (black and white) Complete Nemesis volumes?

Not sure what you mean - they're exactly the same comics as the Complete Nemesis volumes, but coloured by Kevin and with a couple of added extras.

Leigh S

Possibly Sparkonaut is asking if these are the Eagle versions, with redrawn and expanded art - as opposed to a newly recoloured by Kev version of the 2000AD originals

Karl Stephan

That answers my question. So, apart from being in colour, there are a few bits and bobs present in this collection that are not included in the Collected Editions. Might be worth checking out then.

Molch-R

Quote from: Leigh S on 05 February, 2013, 06:51:33 PM
Possibly Sparkonaut is asking if these are the Eagle versions, with redrawn and expanded art - as opposed to a newly recoloured by Kev version of the 2000AD originals

They're neither - it's the art from the Eagle editions, coloured in the '80s by Kev, collected with no tinkering. Plus the hard-to-find Nemesis Poster Prog strip, The Tomb of Torquemada.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Molch-R on 05 February, 2013, 06:55:13 PM
Plus the hard-to-find Nemesis Poster Prog strip, The Tomb of Torquemada.

You only had to ask, I've a pristine copy in the Cellar  ;)

Leigh S

Quote from: Molch-R on 05 February, 2013, 06:55:13 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 05 February, 2013, 06:51:33 PM

They're neither - it's the art from the Eagle editions, coloured in the '80s by Kev, collected with no tinkering. Plus the hard-to-find Nemesis Poster Prog strip, The Tomb of Torquemada.

Technically that's the former then, as Kev tinkered back in the 80s by adding panels to the art and even redrawing panels in the earlier episodes - It's not mentioned in the blurb, and it's a pretty big additional selling point for these (if Kevs colours and the Tomb story that was missing from the other 3 volumes wasnt enough already!)... theres a thread showing some of the differences...

ming

Great stuff - I picked up a set of those Eagle reprints last year as a direct result of that thread, and I'll certainly get the collected edition as well.  You can never have too much O'Neill goodness...

Spikes

Im easily confused, so are these the Eagle comic versions - ie; the ones that Kev redrew certains panels for, or are they as they originally appeared in the Prog - but coloured?
Either way, this sounds like a must-have book.