Main Menu

This is news right? Color Nemesis O'Neill collection...?

Started by blackmocco, 05 February, 2013, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 05 February, 2013, 08:15:57 PM
...so are these the Eagle comic versions - ie; the ones that Kev redrew certains panels for...

As far as I can tell, yes. 

Spikes

Jolly good! At a guess - the difference between the two editions will be the covers?
Still, September is a way off yet, so no doubt more info will pop up.

Leigh S

A nice extra would be "torquemadas second honeymoon", which is the only other Kev coloured Nemesis strip... it has been reprinted in B&W in vol 2, but deserves to be seen in glorious colour (the style KEv was employing then is not best served in B&W to be honest).. it'd then have the distinction of being the complete Kev O'Neill cololur Nemesis collection.

ming

Dark Jimbo

So - story-wise - what exactly does this collect? I'm assuming Books I, II and III? Will Redondo's stuff be coloured as well?
@jamesfeistdraws

Trout

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Judge Jack on 05 February, 2013, 08:15:57 PM
Im easily confused, so are these the Eagle comic versions - ie; the ones that Kev redrew certains panels for, or are they as they originally appeared in the Prog - but coloured?
Either way, this sounds like a must-have book.

The ones that Kev redrew certains panels for.

I, Cosh

Gah. After managing to resist replacing my original versions with the first Warlock files, this looks like a definite purchase. Any clue as to what the difference will be with the Termight limited edition?
We never really die.

Link Prime

Little_Tengu

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Little_Tengu on 05 February, 2013, 11:05:16 PM
So these are reprints of reprints.......

mind=blown

Well, they're reprints of reprints that were (a) in American editions only; (b) partly (small parts, granted) redrawn; (c) coloured, when the original run was in B&W, and coloured by the original artist at that.

It's also a collection of a story that, as far as I know, hasn't been collected for around 25 years.

So, your scornful comment is correct. Your mind should be blown. This is wonderful stuff that hasn't been seen by many.
Lock up your spoons!

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

Little_Tengu

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 February, 2013, 11:19:37 PM
It's also a collection of a story that, as far as I know, hasn't been collected for around 25 years.

So, your scornful comment is correct. Your mind should be blown. This is wonderful stuff that hasn't been seen by many.

I'm fairly certain that there is, in fact, a non-color collected edition of Nemesis The Warlock available in Britain

I also have no idea how my comment could possibly be construed as "scornful" seeing as how it was a joke.

judda fett

Amazing if this is deffo the Eagle/ Quality re-edit colour stuff.