Main Menu

This is news right? Color Nemesis O'Neill collection...?

Started by blackmocco, 05 February, 2013, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Quote from: Little_Tengu on 05 February, 2013, 11:29:25 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 February, 2013, 11:19:37 PM
It's also a collection of a story that, as far as I know, hasn't been collected for around 25 years.

So, your scornful comment is correct. Your mind should be blown. This is wonderful stuff that hasn't been seen by many.

I'm fairly certain that there is, in fact, a non-color collected edition of Nemesis The Warlock available in Britain

I also have no idea how my comment could possibly be construed as "scornful" seeing as how it was a joke.

To recap: There are collections of this stuff in various b/w collections but this is the first time the American reprints have been collected together. This is significant because Kev O'Neill produced new artwork in order to reshape the artwork to fit the American comic page dimensions.

Have to confess, I did take your comment as sarcastic as well. The joy of the internet. Hard to read intent.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Little_Tengu

Quote from: blackmocco on 06 February, 2013, 04:50:53 AM
It's also a collection of a story that, as far as I know, hasn't been collected for around 25 years.

So, your scornful comment is correct. Your mind should be blown. This is wonderful stuff that hasn't been seen by many.

I'm fairly certain that there is, in fact, a non-color collected edition of Nemesis The Warlock available in Britain

I also have no idea how my comment could possibly be construed as "scornful" seeing as how it was a joke.

To recap: There are collections of this stuff in various b/w collections but this is the first time the American reprints have been collected together. This is significant because Kev O'Neill produced new artwork in order to reshape the artwork to fit the American comic page dimensions.

Have to confess, I did take your comment as sarcastic as well. The joy of the internet. Hard to read intent.

I find itself rather interesting considering that I recently picked up issues one and six a few weeks ago at my local flea market comics shop for a mere fifty cents, sometimes I take for granted how rare the Eagle & Fleetway/Quality reprints are over there in the U.K.

I think we're rather fortunate to have them at next to nothing prices

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Trout

Quote from: Little_Tengu on 06 February, 2013, 05:33:50 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 06 February, 2013, 04:50:53 AM

I find itself rather interesting considering that I recently picked up issues one and six a few weeks ago at my local flea market comics shop for a mere fifty cents, sometimes I take for granted how rare the Eagle & Fleetway/Quality reprints are over there in the U.K.

I think we're rather fortunate to have them at next to nothing prices

The reprints aren't rare. They're just unwanted. I was given lots of them by someone having a clearout, then ended up giving them away myself. Why would we buy oddly coloured, reshaped, reprint material - which in many cases has seen people's heads become weird and elongated - when we can buy the original progs or proper collected editions?

This Nemesis stuff is a different story. This book looks like a gorgeous hardback volume, has the added material (none of the other reprints had added parts, IIRC) and has been coloured by the original artist. It's also the first time this material has been reprinted.

- Trout

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 February, 2013, 08:55:29 PM
So - story-wise - what exactly does this collect? I'm assuming Books I, II and III? Will Redondo's stuff be coloured as well?

Hopefully some one who has the issues will be able to answer this more definitely, but I was wondering this and so did a little nosey around. According to the Grand Comic Book database (http://www.comics.org/series/2954/covers/) it seems pretty certain that the Redondo's stuff was in the series, BUT was coloured by someone called Ian Stead who another quick search reveals also coloured the Eagle Judge Child Quest reprints. Given that Redondo is credited on the blurb we're seen, my guess is its included, but we shouldn't expect quite the same level of adjustment on those stories as will be seen on the Kev O'Neill one's where he sorted it all himself?

Dark Jimbo

Thanks Colin, that seems to make sense.

I'll be buying this whatever ends up being in it, though!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

blackmocco

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 February, 2013, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 February, 2013, 08:55:29 PM
So - story-wise - what exactly does this collect? I'm assuming Books I, II and III? Will Redondo's stuff be coloured as well?

Hopefully some one who has the issues will be able to answer this more definitely, but I was wondering this and so did a little nosey around. According to the Grand Comic Book database (http://www.comics.org/series/2954/covers/) it seems pretty certain that the Redondo's stuff was in the series, BUT was coloured by someone called Ian Stead who another quick search reveals also coloured the Eagle Judge Child Quest reprints. Given that Redondo is credited on the blurb we're seen, my guess is its included, but we shouldn't expect quite the same level of adjustment on those stories as will be seen on the Kev O'Neill one's where he sorted it all himself?

Pretty sure Redondo's art doesn't benefit from the dimension change in the same way O'Neill's does, if I remember correctly...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Spikes

Any clues as to what size this book will be? Same size as the Eagle comics, or fingers crossed, summat akin to the Dredd covers book? That would be glorious.

blackmocco

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 February, 2013, 05:48:46 PM
Any clues as to what size this book will be? Same size as the Eagle comics, or fingers crossed, summat akin to the Dredd covers book? That would be glorious.

<insert Homer Simpson drooling sound>

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Hawkmumbler

ThryllSeekyr

Is this going into all of one book or more than one books.

Max Headroom

I'm a bit confused about the content due to being unfamiliar with the Eagle stuff. Will the new book feature the whole Nemesis story ie did Kevin O' Neill re-work other artists' contributions or did he just colour his own work; in which case you wouldn't be able to read the complete storyline. I am curious to see the new art, but probably would not buy it if it was only selected portions. Can someone in the know please clarify?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 07 February, 2013, 09:14:08 PM
I'm a bit confused about the content due to being unfamiliar with the Eagle stuff. Will the new book feature the whole Nemesis story ie did Kevin O' Neill re-work other artists' contributions or did he just colour his own work; in which case you wouldn't be able to read the complete storyline.

We think it'll be books I, II and III - Kev only tinkered with his own art, which was the first and third books. So hat you get should be fairly complete, but will only cover up to a certain point in the saga.
@jamesfeistdraws

ming

Pimping this via Thrill-mail is all well and good, but I'd really like to know what the special edition has that the other one doesn't...  Especially as I can pre-order the standard one from the Thrill-shop and get 50% off (but not so for the fancy-pants edition).

Umpire!  A ruling, please!