Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Really looking forward to seeing this, the DVD will be Christmas pressies for at least two people. Are Richard Burton, Alan McKenzie and Simon Geller interviewed?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: maryanddavid on 25 October, 2015, 11:09:45 PM
Are Richard Burton, Alan McKenzie and Simon Geller interviewed?

No but it's fairly packed.

paddykafka

And it was fantastic to finally meet Kevin O'Neill, too. I admit that I went over all fanboyish and blathered incoherently at him for a few minutes. I don't think he minded!

-- Mike

Be assured you weren't the only one. Tharg should have placed Thrill-Power warning signs at the cinema entrance! I was bowled over and emotionally blown away as it was after watching Future Shock. Meeting the great Mr O'Neill and getting him to sign his work sent my TP levels into the stratosphere. An absolutely great evening and kudoes to all involved.

Edit: Quote fixed—IP

I, Cosh

So, I thought I saw a poster at the weekend advertising this at Glasgow's finest, the GFT, over the Christms holidays. Couldn't find anything on their website so sent email and got this back:
Quote from: Man at the GFTWe should be showing 'Future Shock: The Story of 2000ad' but the current programme is only confirmed up to the 24th of December.  For shows past that date, we are still confirming showing times so they are not yet available for sale.  The new brochure will be released on 17th December and we will be able to take bookings for performances after Christmas once the brochure is out.

I realise this is going to be behind the DVD release but, personally, I prefer to see a film in the cinema given the chance. In addition, I'm a single man and I don't like drinking by myself. So lets make a really vague plan to maybe watch this and have some pints or something.

Or we can get some acid and see 2001 instead.
We never really die.

Fungus

I'm up for that :thumbsup:

Saw the ThoughtBubble (biggish) screening but you can't beat the GFT.

Satanist

Yeah the poster had said 27th to 29th, I may be up for this. As is my hairy mate!

I'm to old now for acid.  :'(
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 01 December, 2015, 05:15:33 PM
Yeah the poster had said 27th to 29th, I may be up for this. As is my hairy mate!

I'm to old now for acid.  :'(
Good show. He can bring his beard!
We never really die.

Apestrife

Looks awesome! Gonna VOD upon it's release this Friday, and perhaps then grab it on DVD.

Apestrife

Tried to watch it on demand on amazon.co.uk, to no avail.

I've looked for it on Itunes, my playstation, google play and sky store as well. But I can't seem to find it.

Any ideas how I -a scandinav- could watch it digitally? So I don't have to wait a full week till I get a dvd copy sent to me.

mejustnow

Could've got it at the weekend through the Playstation store, but I'm old and still like physical media.

As chance would have it the other half was popping into Forbidden Planet to pick me up a copy of Mek Files 03 as a Christmas pressie. I thought I'd tag along and pick up the documentary on DVD. They didn't have it.
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Dandontdare

I'm holding off on ordering this just in case somebody gets it me for Xmas (though the thought of any of my family actually choosing such an appropriate present is far-fetched - I'll probably get another Christmas jumper)

Tjm86

Quote from: Apestrife on 04 December, 2015, 08:37:35 PM

I've looked for it on Itunes, my playstation, google play and sky store as well. But I can't seem to find it.

It was on iTunes on Saturday I noticed.  DVD was already in the post from Amazon else I would have splurged for the HD version.

Mattofthespurs

Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday (along with Nekromantic 2...Don't Judge) but has still failed to turn up.
Me so sad.  :'(

Geoff

Mine arrived today! (hopefully yours won't be too far behind MotS).

I'm trying to persuade the missus to watch it with me tonight but amazingly she's not keen :o 

She thinks I spend rather too much time on this sort of thing already.

The fact that I've seen it already, at the BFI, so I know it's great, strengthens my argument that she should watch it, but rather supports her point too....

Proudhuff

It's now available through Lovefilm too....
DDT did a job on me