Main Menu

Free Comic Book day 2000ad 2015 - NORM BREYFOGLE

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 December, 2014, 04:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Quote from: James Stacey on 17 December, 2014, 09:52:39 PM
Anyone know who's artist on the Dredd strip?

It's Norm, scripted by Matt Smith. See blurb above.
Norm sounds a great fit for Dredd too.

Jim_Campbell

Goddammit. Read this, and a couple of hours later I read on Facebook that Norm's had a stroke. He's expected to make a full recovery, but... y'know, fucking fuckitty fuck. :-(

Bah.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

maryanddavid

That's terrible, thankfully he is expected to make a full recovery.
Interesting that Dan Dare is appearing and the Traveller too, I would presume that's DDC property too, good news, and a cracking cover too.

Fungus

Saddened by this, talk about good news/bad news. Hope there's a speedy recovery right enough.

Colin YNWA

Damn that's rough news. Hope that the reports of a full recovery being likely are going to be accurate. Thought with you Norm.

Proudhuff

glad to see our very own Dog Deever on the cover  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

If people are interested there's a fund raiser to help cover NormBreyfogle's on going health care costs. I know there's a lot of expense this time of year and so many other worthy courses to think about but if you have a spare quid or two why not throw it this way?

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/legendary-batman-artist-norm-breyfogle-stroke-fund/281723

COMMANDO FORCES

Due to what has happened to Norm, here's the news from 2000 AD on their facebook page.

QuoteWe're very pleased to announce that Deadpool artist Mike Hawthorne will now be drawing the Judge Dredd story for our Free Comic Book Day comic in May!

Mike has stepped into the breach after Norm Breyfogle sadly suffered a stroke. We would encourage you to donate to Norm's ongoing medical costs as he recovers:

JamesC

I've only just seen this thread and read it from the beginning. Talk about going from a high to a low!

Get well soon Norm - we'll get you in the prog one day!

monsterx

i loved his runs on the spectre batman shadow of the bat and detective comics, but non kingdom people on dredd always make me feel a bit apprehensive(but john byrne did a good job) though im sure norm's dredd will be awesome :)

Hawkmumbler

Sad yo hear about Norm. I'm sure his Dredd art would have been phenomenal. But maybe, once he's recovered, he can give it another shot.

ThryllSeekyr

Ordered this comic book by mistake.......some time last fortnight or the fortnight before.

Let me check.....

It's just called
Order from San Jose, California on the 27th of September and only got a ticket in the mail
for myself to pick this up from the post office two days ago.

I was only looking at this on Ebay when I accidently pressed buy and didn't have the money for it and I quite possibly sent the money did this on the first of this month. Yet it took this long to get to me and the postage took the reasonable price of almost ten dollars and added another twenty five dollars for P&H.

For this amount of money, I'm kind of really it took this long (Of course the u will remind about stuff like the weather and other factors....)  and that I had come in a show them the ticket they sent along with any identification I had on me and they go into back room and give me what I obviously see is this comic book from the shape of the package they hand over to me while sign for it.

I did let the lady know why I think unnessary for me to do their work for them, but not in those exact words. With a reply that I needed to sign for it. To that I just said nothing left them to return home.

It was a hot day, I had no money to ease this. The walk is only to the next suburb, but still not really
comfortable on such a hot day.

I was like only going to post here that I got this comic and when decide the catch the train home. It's only one station and yes, I guess I evaded paying for my fare when I did this. Yet, they hardly ever check on such short distance of travel and none of the station are manned at the exits. Not like they used to be, because I was employed by the Railways as a platform porter on a local station that turned out to be rougher than I was prepared for.

That from 1990 - 2000 and I was only working amongst the outside public until 1992 - 93. In those days, we were more strict and they still are, but in a much more efficient way.

Getting back on subject.......

So, how about it, do any of you think I might be entitled in refund on the P&H, because I had to sweat for it?

I think I would like to try, because, I am broke right now and I also the victim of misunderstanding with a e-mail I sent them through PAY-PAL about the where about of some medical supplies I had ordered a fortnight from last Monday had got to.

This letter miraculously got sent to Steam instead and because it was connected with a purchase I made of three of their games last week and this game to almost forty dollars.

So, I sent them another e-mail, that I had sent them that complaint by mistake and if they ever read it. They would know that!

Yet, no, they actually went ahead and removed those three games from my account until the matter is resolved. Of which it is....but they also haven't refunded me.

Technically, they ripped me off...until either those games are returned to my Steam Account Library or the money refunded and not the games. Only one of them was really good.

Fist-Puncher

A heavily pixelated trip back to eighties when games like Double-Dragon rules. I actually brought a
game a lot like this for the C64[/b] at around about that time.

I could really do with that money now, but all the banks and the post-office close on the weekend.

Because Westpac is getting really sloppy, I'm thinking about getting Swiss-Bank-Account. Are they really as good as I read them to Be.

ThryllSeekyr

About the train trip home. I opened the comic book to have a good look through and was happy to find a Slaine story, but not one of the best, though!