Main Menu

Suicide Squad has (most of) its cast

Started by DaveGYNWA, 03 December, 2014, 09:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Quote from: JamesC on 20 January, 2016, 10:27:53 AM
Yes it does look quite fun but I can't help thinking that Harlequin should look like a Harlequin.

Sound like Harley Quinn at least, but the trailer does jump it onto my "watch at the cinema" list.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

richerthanyou

I know I'm going to be angry coming out of this movie, and yet I still want to see it. Weird.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

TordelBack

It might just be the Rhapsody talking, but I....like the look of that. 

Added bonus: bits of it look like Dredd 3D.

Big_Dave

gang of misfits bust out of prison
seventies soundtrack
violent action timed to old queen hit

TordelBack

Those are two damn fine antecedents though!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Dunk! on 20 January, 2016, 02:07:37 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 20 January, 2016, 10:27:53 AM
Yes it does look quite fun but I can't help thinking that Harlequin should look like a Harlequin.

Sound like Harley Quinn at least, but the trailer does jump it onto my "watch at the cinema" list.

Dunk!

I didn't think she sounded like Harley at all. Sure she sounded sassy, but not completely unhinged.  As for her appearance; Based on Warners' apparent embarrassment about superheroes, I imagine something similar to the following dialogue occuring:

"Harley Quinn, huh? I thought you'd be dressed more like a clown."

"But that would be crazy!" *maniacal laughter *

Also it would seem that Leto is channeling Ledger. Not wise, Ledger's Joker is one of the greatest comic book performances ever, comparisons will abound and the balance in the dead guy's favour
You may quote me on that.

blackmocco

Quote from: Mister Pops on 22 January, 2016, 12:28:38 AM
Also it would seem that Leto is channeling Ledger. Not wise, Ledger's Joker is one of the greatest comic book performances ever, comparisons will abound and the balance in the dead guy's favour

Not worried. Leto's a fine actor and it's worth remembering the cries of anguish when Ledger was first announced as Joker.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Goaty

TordelBack

Not quite as engaging as the previous trailer, probably the disjointed music, but I still like the look of this.  Pity that Will Smith seems to be playing Will Smith (again), and Katana seems out of place, but the rest of the cast seem fun.  Interesting to see Affleck's Batman again so soon too.

Professor Bear

The Queen trailer was cute, but I think they might be overplaying the music angle now.

richerthanyou

Really whoever chose those songs wants a good telling off! The music choices there totally killed the trailer. Still on my list of films to see at the cinema.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tordelback on 11 April, 2016, 10:23:04 AM
  Interesting to see Affleck's Batman again so soon too.

Is that Batman or someone dressed as Batman? There's one shot that makes me think the latter, but I could be way off base there?

Big_Dave

Goaty

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 April, 2016, 07:30:47 PM

Is that Batman or someone dressed as Batman? There's one shot that makes me think the latter, but I could be way off base there?

Stunt stand-in?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T5eVWn-EeGQ