Main Menu

'Free' Megazine GN Suggestions

Started by radiator, 01 July, 2008, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monsterx

O Lucky Stevie!

Should we have sticky listing all the McKenzie, Morrison, Dare Dare & Robinson stories which we won't be seeing again soon due to ownership limbo?

Other than that eminately forgettable Chopper series, the only Alan McKenzie story that Rebellion could conceivably get away with reprinting at this stage is the Mean Arena reboot.

Let's not go there, shall we?

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Adventurer

I think I've asked this before. But does Rebellion own any of the content that run in Crisis or Toxic? Or did that not come along for the ride when Rebellion bought up 2000 AD.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

Toxic was an entirely different publisher, so no on that one. With Crisis, I suspect it'd only have rights on any characters that subsequently transferred to 2000 AD (in the same way it has rights over some Tornado and Starlord strips). Then again, I can't think of any examples from Crisis where that happened—Finn made it across, but only as a character. Then again, I'm not sure I'd want to see any Crisis stuff reprinted in the Meg floppy, beyond New Adventures of Hitler.

Molch-R

Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2012, 11:17:20 AM
I think I've asked this before. But does Rebellion own any of the content that run in Crisis or Toxic?

No.

maryanddavid

As far as I'm aware, Egmont own Crisis and Revolver, I know Finn was a spin off from Third World War, but I think Egmont still own TWW, Finn may be a grey area as Finn never 'appeared' as such in Crisis.

David

maryanddavid

Where the edit button, Molch-r has answered!

IndigoPrime

Molch-R

The Sherman Kid

Why did Charlie's War never return to the Meg?I for one would have been very happy for it to continue.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Molch-R on 23 August, 2012, 11:27:36 AM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2012, 11:17:20 AM
I think I've asked this before. But does Rebellion own any of the content that run in Crisis or Toxic?

No.

Oh. Okay. I think I've always been confused on that because of the Barney Zone having it all cross referenced.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 August, 2012, 11:20:15 AM
Toxic was an entirely different publisher, so no on that one. With Crisis, I suspect it'd only have rights on any characters that subsequently transferred to 2000 AD (in the same way it has rights over some Tornado and Starlord strips). Then again, I can't think of any examples from Crisis where that happened—Finn made it across, but only as a character. Then again, I'm not sure I'd want to see any Crisis stuff reprinted in the Meg floppy, beyond New Adventures of Hitler.

I've never actually read Crisis, but there's a bunch of stuff that looks like it could appeal to my 2000 AD appetite. Third World War for one, Insiders for another (for that sweet sweet Paul Grist artwork)

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Adventurer on 23 August, 2012, 06:32:44 PM
I've never actually read Crisis, but there's a bunch of stuff that looks like it could appeal to my 2000 AD appetite. Third World War for one, Insiders for another (for that sweet sweet Paul Grist artwork)

For me New Statesmen stands head and shoulders above the other stuff in there. With one exception, which alas has never been collected, that being Sticky Fingers (#15 - 27) and since you can normally get the issues cheap its worth getting the issues that was in for that strip alone. There the only ones I still have now I have a nice collected version of New Statesmen.

maryanddavid

I enjoyed Crisis when it came out, New statemans was great, introduced Phillips and Fergredo. Funny how tastes differ, I hated it! Third World Was was good in the beginning bet went on to long and lost its way.
I loved Troubled Souls and its Daft sequels, I know Ennis had kindof disowned it, but I think it was an important piece.  Dave Thorpe was sacked off Captain Britain for trying to bring the troubles in NI into a story.
True Faith was good and Ennis did a good few shorts which were funny. Most  of the shorts were pretty good, a collection would be nice but a lot of the later stories were creator owned. Millar Ennis McCrae, The Pleece Bros, David Hine, Peter Doherty all did early work.
Hitler, The Grant Morrison/Valley one I cant remember the name of, The conclusion to Dan Dare etc etc.
There was a lot in Crisis other than Third World War which seem to colour peoples perception of Crisis.

David

Taryn Tailz

Have any of the Rogue Trooper Friday strips ever been reprinted? If not I'd like to see them reprinted with the Meg. I haven't read any of them and know little about the strips apart from having read an article about them which was on ECBT2000AD a few months back.

radiator

QuoteHave any of the Rogue Trooper Friday strips ever been reprinted?

Yes - the original series War Machine, which was reprinted in two volumes a few years back.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a few of the latter day Friday strips again - it has a bad rep, but after Dan Abnett took over it wasn't bad. And I really liked Steve Tappin's art.

The earlier stuff, written by Mike Fleischer, is utterly dreadful though.