Main Menu

Prog 1811 Moonshot!

Started by oshii, 24 November, 2012, 10:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Seems like a fair few of us have failed to get their thrill power on the appropriate day.

*sadface*

Pete Wells

Well, now I'm really worrying for [spoiler]Frank[/spoiler] and [spoiler]Hershey[/spoiler]. Please don't kill either if em off Tharg, s'nearly Christmas!

oshii

Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 24 November, 2012, 04:52:36 PM
Has anyone seen prog credits for next week? Do we get one long strip or three that run together? I cannot fucking wait.

This has me swearing a lot. Fucking hell.

I'm hoping it cuts back and forth between all 3 like Match of the Day on the last day of the season.

Danbo

So fucking glad I started re buying 2000ad.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Minkyboy

Quote from: Pete Wells on 24 November, 2012, 07:32:47 PM
Well, now I'm really worrying for [spoiler]Frank[/spoiler] and [spoiler]Hershey[/spoiler]. Please don't kill either if em off Tharg, s'nearly Christmas!

I'm a bit worried about [spoiler]Dredd[/spoiler], he looks terrible!

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Cactus

An excellent prog. I didn't even realise it was a wraparound cover until I got to the back. That was a nice bonus and confirmed the Disraeli droid as my favourite cover artist. He knocks it out of the park every single time.

I'm off to read it again now.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Colin YNWA

That was Johnsmithwagner...

... nah that doesn't work, how about...

...That was Morrisonkirbywagner(R)...

Nope just doesn't cover it... okay okay I'll try a different tack...

...That was Rushpaisleydalglish...

...oh bugger.  I just can't do it. As Jim said there just aren't the superlatives so I thought I'd try to make some up, but just can't think of the words to describe how good the Prog is right now. Just can't do it.

To mention that Brass Sun made its only misstep so far for me in not really having any sort of conclusion to the end of the first book and being a little too open seems a bit ungrateful. Especially given in and of itself it was a fine episode. So I'll not even bother to do that... oh hold on how about...

...Carolynhazelrachel... DAMNIT...

...okay okay this one surely....

Bethansiddeb...

GOD DAMNIT I give up there really ain't the words...

scrotnig

DrJomster

That was a bit good, wasn't it?

Dredd / Low Life / Simping were stunning. Again! But I also really liked ABC & Brass Sun this week. That last panel on ABC was very nicely done.

Why is it a week to wait till the next prog? WHY?!?

2000AD is on such a high, it really is. Well done to everyone involved.

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

scrotnig

I can honestly say the post 1800 run beats anything from the eighties that is deemed "classic". No joke.

What even more astounding is that this is on the back of Day Of Chaos and all the awesomeness that went with that. This actually beats that, and I'm frankly amazed.

Plus John Wagner's not involved...I believe after DoC he uttered words to the effect of "let's see where the other writers go with this"...now we know the answer to that one.

I can't praise too highly everyone who's been involved in these recent progs. Even ABS Warriors has been largely a joy, and I'm not its biggest fan if I'm honest.
Need to mention Brass Sun, although it did tail off a bit at the end it has been a truly fascinating and beautifully presented series and it was up against probably the strongest line up in decades so it had a tough job.

Cactus

Quote from: DrJomster on 24 November, 2012, 10:30:12 PMThat last panel on ABC was very nicely done.

That entire two page spread is wonderful. The dialogue flows well and the whole composition leads to that silhouette. For all my complaints about Mills' storytelling, it's worth it for moments like that. I think the series overall could have done with less waffle before the flashback but I'm pleased it finally answered the question none of the characters had needed to ask. I really need to get my hands on some early ABCs now so I can read what came before.

Also, what scrotnig said.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Fisticuffs

Having read it again I'm wondering if Bachmanns speech via radio to Hershey is meant to mimic the current economic situation we're in at the moment. She tells Hershey that [spoiler] spending billions to prop up an outdated 21st century societal model is never going to work, what's needed is a complete game change [/spoiler]. Even if it wasn't deliberate, it's creepily close to whats going on in many countries at the moment, effectively keeping society on life-support with money in the hope that things will get better even though you haven't actually changed anything.

JUDGE BURNS

Did ANYONE in Cal-Hab District get their prog delivered yesterday?????  :-(

DrJomster

Hang on in there! It WILL arrive! And it will bring the awesome!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Trout

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 25 November, 2012, 07:02:36 PM
Did ANYONE in Cal-Hab District get their prog delivered yesterday?????  :-(

Yep. It landed in Perthshire just fine.