Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: judda fett on 31 January, 2013, 12:20:56 PM
I've just been goin through some old tapes converting some odds an sods to mp3 and have rediscovered PJ Harvey's Sheela Na Gig from an old compilation I made. Rockin good tune.

'Dry' is just a fantastic album. If you've just rediscovered 'Sheela Na Gig' wait til you discover (rediscover) 'Dress' and 'Victory' which she had in her live set a few years back. Man that is a great record.

judda fett

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 January, 2013, 01:00:58 PM
Quote from: judda fett on 31 January, 2013, 12:20:56 PM
I've just been goin through some old tapes converting some odds an sods to mp3 and have rediscovered PJ Harvey's Sheela Na Gig from an old compilation I made. Rockin good tune.

'Dry' is just a fantastic album. If you've just rediscovered 'Sheela Na Gig' wait til you discover (rediscover) 'Dress' and 'Victory' which she had in her live set a few years back. Man that is a great record.

I'm sure the version I'm listening to was from a 10" Peel session record. I'll see what other Polly i can find but I'm goin through tapes me and an ex used to make. She had impeccable taste. Got some AC Maria on one- 'One Of Our Girls Has Gone Missing'.

Spikes

Steeltown - Big Country's 2nd album from '84. Managed to finally snag the expanded edition featuring some of my fave hard to get hold of tracks as the bonus numbers. Wall to wall guitar, that takes me right back.
Stuart Adamson - much missed.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 24 January, 2013, 03:08:20 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 24 January, 2013, 01:03:11 PM
The Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell - amazing retro hard rocky band who will be at the mighty DESERTFEST in London and are supporting Orange Goblin on their tour soon :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXP0Tno_vLg

Nuts - going to see Orange Goblin in the Welsh Club in Cardiff week after next, but will probably arrive too late to see the support.  Damn shame!!

I saw The Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell at the Orange Goblin gig last night, and they were brilliant!!  Great sound for a 3 piece. 

On a related note, I am totally deaf in one ear.

CrazyFoxMachine

Awesome :D Can't wait for Sunday - a local stonerband called "Baron Greenback" are supporting the supports - who be quite good. I believe our Albion saw the Goblin tonight in Brighton, as well - !

dweezil2

Soundgarden's new album King Animal is pretty stonking!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Albion

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 February, 2013, 01:05:25 AM
I believe our Albion saw the Goblin tonight in Brighton, as well - !

Indeed I did. Orange Goblin rocked, as they always do, and don't miss the Admiral. A fine band.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

I, Cosh

Official stream of the new my bloody valentine album. Good stuff, not a massive departure and has its ups and downs but the last three tracks are all outstanding.
We never really die.

CrazyFoxMachine

Orange Goblin were glorious - really friendly actually and quite sweet to the crowds, managed to have a chat with the brilliant Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell who recognized my Captain Beyond shirt. AT LAST! Best muttonchops in the business.

Third Estate Ned

If you like Opeth or are that way inclined, I suggest you listen to Heir Apparent for the first time in however long and declare nothing but undying love for that band whilst headbanging dandruff into the next dimension (living room air).

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 February, 2013, 02:36:22 PM
Official stream of the new my bloody valentine album. Good stuff, not a massive departure and has its ups and downs but the last three tracks are all outstanding.

It's insane! As someone else put it, MBV are truly peerless.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 06 November, 2012, 02:33:34 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 05 November, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
Anyone for a 90's revival?

.. and Ringo Deathstarr...**

** probably the best/worst band name ever too, again delete as applicable,

Stevie raises you

RINGO   STALIN
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

vzzbux

I had a Pink Floyd day yesterday.
Throughout the day is slowly dawned on me how much Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime was heavily influenced by them.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Frank

Polica have been providing the soundtrack to the dinner parties I regularly hold, where all the beautiful, literate hipsters my neighbourhood's teeming with come round to scoff humus and discuss Pynchon. Only kidding; I live in the social and cultural equivalent of The Omega Man, surrounded by mutants and wearing a smoking jacket to dine on beans straight from the tin. I quite like Laura Mvula too, maybe because I'm getting old, maybe because I'm turning into a girl.

Lenny_Zero

Oh the pain that was the GRAMMY AWARDS last night.

I'm too old for that commercial pop music.  Its a young man's game, and frankly, he can have it.

I was bummed that Elton John dialed it in.  He could have showed up 99% of the people there. 

So depressing. Its been more than 12 hours and I still want to eat my Lawgiver.
America is an irradiated wasteland.