Main Menu

The Tharg Code

Started by bbgunn, 09 October, 2012, 06:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: bbgunn on 10 October, 2012, 03:02:45 PM

I'm going to have fun writing the best fan letters that I can, pushing myself and the letter pages format to see what is possible.  In addition to coded letters, I've also experimented with poetry, puzzles, constrained writing techniques, and other formats.  Robert Kirkman's Super Dinosaur #6, for example, has what I believe is comics' first word search puzzle fan letter (check it out!).  I recently submitted a 100 word fan letter to celebrate 100 issues of Mike Mignola's B.P.R.D. that I hope will be published.  In Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 9 #12, my "choose your own" fan letter was published, in which the editor could choose the fan feedback that he wanted.   

So much genius in so few words. I salute you sir.

SuperSurfer

Lunacy of the highest order.

Good though.

SmallBlueThing

I sincerely hope Buttonmoon is crying now.
Crying.
Like a little baby.

SBT

The Legendary Shark

Heh, I really love this forum and this is why.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Buttonman

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 10 October, 2012, 03:42:23 PM
I sincerely hope Buttonmoon is crying now.
Crying.
Like a little baby.

SBT

I'm not crying, it's just a bit dusty here and...whaaaa.

No, not at all. As a man who has tried valliantly to propagate a culture of letter writing a new voice in the darkness has to be a great thing. Of course Lettersentertainyou is a more cerebral take than The Tharg Code's whimsy, but it is a broad church. Please keep writing bbgun and if you choose to lay down a challenge I would happily engage - precious little competition round these parts at the moment!