Main Menu

Meg 330

Started by moly, 17 November, 2012, 07:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: NapalmKev on 23 November, 2012, 09:26:27 AMAnderson [...] The artwork is really good but if this is set in current Dredd continuity surely she should be 50 plus by now?/
She does appear to have had a rejuve job or two since the Satan days, doesn't she? Perhaps she downed some space elixir on her galactic voyage or something. (Personally, I don't think anyone's ever managed to really capture Anderson as well as Ranson did. He gave her a sense of maturity that's subsequently been lacking, even if the current art is otherwise very nice

QuoteAmerican Reaper to return next month. Enjoyed the first run, and looking forward to see how this ends!
My guess: 'end of book two'. Book three coming soon! And then: 'end of book three'. Book four coming soon. REPEAT UNTIL THE SUN EXPLODES.

Daveycandlish

Killer Elite is the best story this month.
Kinda glad to see Snapshot end to be honest - it's will probably read better as a collection - it seemed to slow down after a belting start.
Free GN looks a good 'un - I like a Downlode tale and haven't read the early ones.

Not a bad Meg but not reaching the heights of the weekly at the moment.

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Alien Goodness

It's good. But not THAT good.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 November, 2012, 10:43:28 AM
QuoteAmerican Reaper to return next month. Enjoyed the first run, and looking forward to see how this ends!
My guess: 'end of book two'. Book three coming soon! And then: 'end of book three'. Book four coming soon. REPEAT UNTIL THE SUN EXPLODES.

It will run UNTIL YOU LIKE IT.
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 24 November, 2012, 06:35:41 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 November, 2012, 10:43:28 AM

It will run UNTIL YOU LIKE IT.
They better make themself bloody confertable then!

sheldipez

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 November, 2012, 11:31:49 PM
And this is The Megazine, the only comic on the shelves that gives away for free what i'd happily pay a good fifteen quid for, but charges me five sixty for a bunch of stuff i'll never read, let alone give a tinkers about.

Ha this made me chuckle even though I'm a new 2000ad fan (this is only my third megazine) I can relate to that. Finn 2 would be nice.. when do they finish these things off?!

IndigoPrime

Better to think of the floppy as bundled rather than free. It's no more free than covermounts on games mags of old. It is, however, a very affordable value-add.

Andy Smart

Ratfink and Anderson were worth for the art only. Both scripts were fairly dull but Tiernan Trevallion has a wonderfully Mike Mignola-ish style and Alan is giving Boo plenty of great things to draw. The highlight of the Ratfink strip was the last page. We learn Leon survives (which is rare for any judge in Dredd's vicinity) and it ends in a joke. I agree Dredd should have shot him. He would have known Ratfink was up for execution.

I can't say Killer Elite was great either but it had it's moments. The running out of bullets thing also irked me. It was there  merely to show our friend's counting ability.  Snapshot didn't make any sense to me, similar to previous episodes.

Downlode Tales wasn't particularly interesting but it did have some nice painted art by Staples, Siku and others.

All in all, a slightly disappointing Meg. I hope the Christmas issue is a good one.

Proudhuff

Maths test!

My copy of Megazine 330 has a date of 18 Dec on the front cover, and the advert for issue 331 has a 'on sale' date of 19 December.

Q. When will I receive my subbie copy in December?
DDT did a job on me

Andy Smart

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 December, 2012, 03:05:37 PM
Maths test!

My copy of Megazine 330 has a date of 18 Dec on the front cover, and the advert for issue 331 has a 'on sale' date of 19 December.

Q. When will I receive my subbie copy in December?

The 15th (or later, depending on your postman)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Andy Smart

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 December, 2012, 03:19:41 PM
show workings.

Divide 18 by pi and then add the square root of the number of pages in the issue. The calculate the distance between the post depot and your house divided by how many gears are the postman's bike plus give or take a few minutes depending on weather, his breakfast and freak meteor storms. Add this result to the first number, place in the microwave for 3 minutes, gently agitate and then scoop out the results with a knife.

Or you look at a calendar for the last saturday before the Meg comes out.

Proudhuff

Fair enough, 15 out of 50 so far, but what about the 18 Dec date on 330? hmmmm?
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

show workings.
It's the Saturday before the third Wednesday of the month. The third Wednesday of the month is the 19th, hence issue 330 is on sale until the 18th.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 06 December, 2012, 05:15:13 PM
show workings.
It's the Saturday before the third Wednesday of the month. The third Wednesday of the month is the 19th, hence issue 330 is on sale until the 18th.

ah so the date on the cover is the withdrawal date?
DDT did a job on me