Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Just as well you booked when you did, Emily - because the tickets for the 40 Years of Thrill-Power Festival are now ALL SOLD OUT!

Hawkmumbler

Ah bollocks! Just short of pay day as well. Well that's a bummer.

Steve Green

Just had a look to see what the tube was going to be like that weekend.

Piccadilly Line seems like your best bet - District has some closures on it, and the Hammersmith and City Line is closed East of Edgeware Road.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/track-closures.pdf

sheridan

Quote from: mimikeke on 15 December, 2016, 02:03:13 AM
Hello! It's been a while, a bit of serious health issues keeping me quite down but I made a totally crazy decision to go to this! Hopefully I'll have some time to get back into some art and my map website I started 2 yrs back as well.

Map website?  Link please!
QuoteIf you have a moment, I started a thread in the off-topic forum if you guys can give me a few suggestions as to what to see/avoid/where to go! I'll most likely be flying into LHR although I'm a bit torn as whether to split some time in Edinburgh as well.

Please be sure to say hi to me and my husband at the con! We'll be the ones looking totally lost :D

See you in two months!

Proudhuff

I'm hoping CF has started on boarders name badges? he should have them done in time right?
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Quote from: Steve Green on 17 December, 2016, 11:44:50 AM
Just had a look to see what the tube was going to be like that weekend.

... and whatever you do, don't think 'oh it's not that far on the tube map, we can walk it in no time!' unless you really fancy a hike!  My wife hates me in London at times because I've used that one a couple of times and had her walking miles (which I'm happy as a clam with but she is tamping by the time we reach our destination).

Dandontdare

Quote from: sheridan on 17 December, 2016, 11:48:33 AM
Quote from: mimikeke on 15 December, 2016, 02:03:13 AM
Hello! It's been a while, a bit of serious health issues keeping me quite down but I made a totally crazy decision to go to this! Hopefully I'll have some time to get back into some art and my map website I started 2 yrs back as well.

Map website?  Link please!

I think that'd be this piece of first class geekery between ZenArcade and Mimikeke: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=40120.0

Jamie1000013

Any way more tickets will be available later on? Hopefully someone ebays their ticket or something if not >.<. I Should of just bought it when I had the chance.

Dolman

Aaaaand plane from France and hotel booked. Do you guys plan to meet and drink on the evening or so?

dweezil2

Quote from: Dolman on 01 January, 2017, 03:09:28 PM
Aaaaand plane from France and hotel booked. Do you guys plan to meet and drink on the evening or so?

I'm getting up the night before with Albion, so will most likely hit the town for a few bevvies!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Quote from: Jamie1000013 on 30 December, 2016, 12:08:15 AM
Any way more tickets will be available later on? Hopefully someone ebays their ticket or something if not >.<. I Should of just bought it when I had the chance.

Tickets were listed as non-transferable, I guess it depends how much they enforce it.

Steve Green

Anyone else just had an e-mail asking about t-shirts even though they ordered the regular tickets?

James Stacey

Quote from: Steve Green on 06 January, 2017, 03:39:00 PM
Anyone else just had an e-mail asking about t-shirts even though they ordered the regular tickets?
Yes .. filled it in anyway as you never know :)

Dr Wasabi

Yes, I've just had a similar email even though I also ordered a regular ticket... Is that genuine? Especially as it says SPLUNDIG VUR THIRGG!

Spelling mistakes always make me wary of clicking on things.

Steve Green

That would be a pretty niche phishing scam.

I'm assuming it's a mistake - I'd already e-mailed them to question it.